FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries

Including Tokens in a Ruleset

What is the standard or best practice for locating tokens (i.e. things that show up in the token bag) in a ruleset? I've found that CoreRPG has a "./tokens" and a "./graphics/token" folder, but neither seems to have default PC/NPC tokens in them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Tokens should only be included in a ruleset if they are part of the functionality of the ruleset (such as playing cards for SW).

For tokens you want to just make available with a ruleset as extra options for players, they should be stored in a token module.

JPG

Blog Entries
    Yea, understood. I'm still debating if I should make them as a module or just include them in the ruleset. I can't see using the ruleset without them, but I guess its' possible (though more likely someone would just replace them with their own). So at the moment I was going to include them in the ruleset.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yea, understood. I'm still debating if I should make them as a module or just include them in the ruleset. I can't see using the ruleset without them, but I guess its' possible (though more likely someone would just replace them with their own). So at the moment I was going to include them in the ruleset.
    I've included a set of tokens with Mongoose Traveller/Mongoose Traveller2E, and then for 1E had another 2 sets as Token Modules.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Blog Entries
    So, back to the question What folder do ruleset tokens get placed into?

I can't directly answer that as my tokens are added to the Reference Manual which is built using a special tool. Sorry! I hope that someone else can directly answer.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Blog Entries
    FYI, experimentation shows that the './tokens' folder is where any tokens will show up in the Ruleset tokens bag.
    Note that you must Exit the campaign and restart it, the '/reload' command is not sufficient.

I noticed that there is an ever empty "Ruleset" token subfolder in the tokens window. The tokens for the used PF2 ruleset are in their own folder, though. So what does the empty "Ruleset" folder do then and can we remove it somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I noticed that there is an ever empty "Ruleset" token subfolder in the tokens window. The tokens for the used PF2 ruleset are in their own folder, though. So what does the empty "Ruleset" folder do then and can we remove it somehow?
    It's not empty. It has two completely transparent tokens. These are used by some extension developers for token overlays and were requested to be included in CoreRPG a few years ago.

You can't remove the token bag without manually editing the CoreRPG ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information