5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Beginner player looking for group

Hello, I am a complete beginner looking to learn about the RPG community and how the heck this all works. I want to know about building characters and going on adventures with other beings and having a good time doing so. Would be very grateful to anyone willing to give me some pointers or better yet allow me to join their game and show me how it works.
    Thank you!

what kind of games are you interested in playing? what part of the world are you in? sometimes that makes a difference with times that games are generally played.

Blog Entries
    Welcome vacillatingrobot!

You may want to add into your post your time zone and available days you are free to play so prospective GM's know if you might fit their schedule(s).
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

I don't know what kinds of games I prefer since I have never played before, but maybe something not too rule-heavy, something like a LOTR style quest adventure with room for shenanigans sounds fun. I am USA west coast located (PST).
    vacillatingrobot

And I'm not sure how people are about playing games with strangers, especially if theyre longer games, but I'd like to try a long campaign with weekly/bi-monthly sessions.
    vacillatingrobot

Blog Entries
    All my current players were strangers to me 2 years ago. Just be aware it can take time to find a game since once groups get formed, they don't usually need to recruit for more players for some time afterwards. Also, 5e games can fill up fast so you need regularly check for openings.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Ok good to know! (Also what is 5e?)
    vacillatingrobot

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vacillatingrobot View Post
    Ok good to know! (Also what is 5e?)
    Dungeons and Dragons 5e (5th Edition).

Quote Originally Posted by vacillatingrobot View Post
    I don't know what kinds of games I prefer since I have never played before, but maybe something not too rule-heavy, something like a LOTR style quest adventure with room for shenanigans sounds fun. I am USA west coast located (PST).
    hey, it's great that you are in California. i'm in Oregon and i'm about to start a game for Five Torches Deep ( a simplified version of 5E). i'm trying to just get a few people that are new to RPGs and Fantasy Grounds. if you are interested, let me know. the idea is to use an adventure to teach new players about the general rulesets, etc. it should be fun.

Thread Information