DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Thread: FG Con 15

FG Con 15

I just realized there's already a date for FG Con 15:
    November 8-10, 2019

In the hopes of getting enough tables for convention support, I took the liberty of copying Keven's google sheet from last FG Con:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

At the moment, I can't promise anything regarding boons, but I'll reach out to the Online VOs to see if there's still capacities.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 1st, 2019 at 18:10.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Thanks!

I'll try to run something (but I might only run one scenario this year due to specific date).

As far as I understand it, probably no PFS2 boons for online cons.

I'll likely run a few scenarios. Considering the VO's are looking for more engagement on FG there should be some room for boons.

I've never participated in a FG convention before. I've read the linked poster, but what does the con look like in rl terms? I've gathered it's an online event and assume games are run through FG?

Quote Originally Posted by PoohPuss View Post
    I've never participated in a FG convention before. I've read the linked poster, but what does the con look like in rl terms? I've gathered it's an online event and assume games are run through FG?
    Yes. Basically it's just a bigger amount of game sessions at once. Usually, GMs also get a temporary ugrade to Ultimate liscence for the duration of the convention, so new players can join the games more easily.
    As for the PFS/SFS side, it's possible to get a support package from Paizo when running at a convention. To be able to do so, the convention needs to have 15 or more blocks of PFS/SFS activity (usually, each scenario counts as 1 block, but certain sanctioned content, such as Adventure Path volumes, count as more), which have to be announced to campaign leadership at least 1 month before the event. If convention support is granted, GMs get the scenario pdfs for free, GMs are awarded a special boon (unlocking an uncommon race to play in most cases), and players have a chance to win special boons and Paizo store credit.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavian_Andi View Post
    Yes. Basically it's just a bigger amount of game sessions at once. Usually, GMs also get a temporary ugrade to Ultimate liscence for the duration of the convention, so new players can join the games more easily.
    As for the PFS/SFS side, it's possible to get a support package from Paizo when running at a convention. To be able to do so, the convention needs to have 15 or more blocks of PFS/SFS activity (usually, each scenario counts as 1 block, but certain sanctioned content, such as Adventure Path volumes, count as more), which have to be announced to campaign leadership at least 1 month before the event. If convention support is granted, GMs get the scenario pdfs for free, GMs are awarded a special boon (unlocking an uncommon race to play in most cases), and players have a chance to win special boons and Paizo store credit.
    Thanks,
    Have previous FG cons afforded 15+ bolks of PF? Being so new do you think we'll be able to amass that many for PF2?

PF2 alone, no. Combined with PF1 and SF, it's not guaranteed but there's a chance.

yep, as Stephan mentioned, it must be a total of 15+ blocks, divided among PFS, PFS Core, SFS, PFS 2, and (although this never happens on FG) PF ACG.

Last Con, we barely managed to get enough GMs to get to 15 blocks, and sadly not all of them got enough players (which doesn't impact con support as the GMs at least offered the games and set aside time for running their games). The con before that, we didn't hit the 15 blocks mark. But some more time ago, the FG community actually managed to get con support every time.

And it's actually not that hard. If you take a look at the google sheet I posted in the first post, you'll see there are 12 slots total (of course, not every slot is good for every player), so only an average of 1.25 blocks per slot are needed to get to 15.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Hope we can get that many this year as well.

So once the event-calendar has been finalized anyone can apply for those games they want? If so, is there some limit or something?

Thread Information