STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: FG Con 15

Quote Originally Posted by JadeKraken View Post
    I would be interested in running a game. I am still really new to Fantasy Grounds and I only have the standard license. Will that be a problem? What would I need to buy to be able to run a game? I've been been considering buying the PF2 ruleset but I buy all my books from my local shop and not directly from Piazo. It's more expensive at my local store because of all the taxes but I've gotta support the local guy or there won't be a hobby in my area.
    Yes, per this post, you can host a game during FG Con with a standard license: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post448457

"1) Run the games using Fantasy Grounds, and the “live” setting. This will be using FG Classic - no FGU Beta testing (if it's out by then) to be done in FG Con 15. The GM should have a minimum of a GM/Standard license - SmiteWorks upgrade Standard/GM licenses to Ultimate for the period of the convention. With a standard license you can GM any players for the convention - with or without licenses."

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavian_Andi View Post
    I just realized there's already a date for FG Con 15:
    Oct 11-13, 2019

In the hopes of getting enough tables for convention support, I took the liberty of copying Keven's google sheet from last FG Con:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

At the moment, I can't promise anything regarding boons, but I'll reach out to the Online VOs to see if there's still capacities.
    Update this Google doc spreadsheet for the new Nov 8 - 10 dates for FG Con 15. GM submissions now live! See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post448457

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

I really want to drum up support for PF2. Locally I am converting my Rise of the Runelords game over to 2e. So I'd want to run PF2, and I'm thinking a society game as well. Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot out there as of yet. I ran a couple of the We Be Goblins! scenarios at a convention near me last year that went really well. Are there any rules for running PF1 material with PF2 rules?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeKraken View Post
    Are there any rules for running PF1 material with PF2 rules?
    https://paizo.com/products/btq01zyf?...nversion-Guide

However, if your question was about running Pathfinder Society Organized Play (PFS) PF1 scenarios with PF2 rules as an official PFS event, I doubt that's allowed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    However, if your question was about running Pathfinder Society Organized Play (PFS) PF1 scenarios with PF2 rules as an official PFS event, I doubt that's allowed.
    That is in fact what I had in mind. Due to the fact that PF2 is so new and there isn't much available yet (and I'm new to this community) is there something you guys would like me to run?

Thanks for the update on the con dates. I updated the spreadsheet with the new dates.
    Anyone who wants to run Organized Play scenarios, please start putting your info in, and also don't forget to add your games to the FG Con website.

PFS2 can only be run with the scenarios explicitly built for PF2, not converted PFS1 scenarios. If you want to get new players to join in, "The Absalom Initiation" might be a good choice. If you want to offer something fresh for those that have already played lots of the PFS2 stuff, maybe keep an eye out for what will be released in October.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

I'll be running two tables of 1-01, and probably 2 each of 1-06 and 1-07. Might be looking to run something more, hopefully run one or two PFS 1 or SFS scenarios as well

Everyone else who wants to run something at FG Con, please go ahead and put your info in.
    I received confirmation today that we will be able to get boon support, provided we hit the 15 table mark. So lets hope we'll get enough GMs.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

Just a little reminder for GMs who want to run PFS and/or SFS at FG-Con, please put in your info so I know whether I can request con support. I'll need to have at least 15 tables of activities scheduled to do that (with modules and Adventure Paths counting as more than 1 table).
    - Abraham Lincoln

I have added 2 events I may get more done but I need to make the modules in FG before I offer them or stress will kill me.
    Ultimate Licence Holder - it only took 5 years but I started to GM in FG in 2019

Thread Information