5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Mobs on map but not on Combat Tracker for Players

I'm using Lost Mines of Phandelver. I have 2 instances of FG running on the same desktop: one hosting, one playing.

On the host / DM laptop, I:
    1) Put the PC into Combat Tracker
    2) Open the Cragmaw Hideout (Player) map
    3) Click the first pin, where the goblins are
    4) Drag that Encounter into the CT
    5) Unmask the area of the map the encounter is in

At this point, the PC's instance of FG can see the encounter mobs on the map but not in Combat Tracker.

The PC's instance can target a mob by control-clicking the mob on the map.

The PC's instance can roll to hit a mob targeted via the map and FG correctly tells me hit or miss on the DM instance.

The PC's instance can roll damage on a mob targeted via the map and FG correctly applies the damage on the DM instance.

But I still can't see the mobs in the Combat Tracker on the PC instance.

Why?

Thanks!

Usually, creatures are hidden by default when an encounter is first added to the combat tracker. This means that the creatures should be hidden on both the player's combat tracker as well as their map.

* Are you running any extensions? If so, can you try without?
    * Are the creatures showing as hidden in the combat tracker? Can you toggle them?
    * Are you sure you are looking at the player's client and map; and not the GM's client and map? (Hidden creatures still show up on GM map, but slightly grayed out.)

Regards,
    JPG

> Usually, creatures are hidden by default when an encounter is first added to the combat tracker. This means that the creatures should be hidden on both the player's combat tracker as well as their map.

Yeah, that's the weird thing. They were hidden in both, I unhid them on the map, and they unhid on the players' map but not on the players' CT.

> Are you running any extensions? If so, can you try without?

No extensions.

> Are the creatures showing as hidden in the combat tracker? Can you toggle them?

Um... there is nothing obvious to me in the CT on the DM instance that says whether they're hidden or not. This might be the thing I'm missing.

And coming back around to that, yep, that was it. Teeny tiny little eyeball on the DM CT that I didn't even see until I read this and looked very closely.

Thanks!

How did you unhide them on the map? If you right-click on the token and change the visibility, that's independent of the combat tracker. You should use the combat tracker only to change visibility.

After you add an encounter and move all the hidden people into place, there's also a global hide/show button on the top left of the combat tracker, where you can expose all hidden enemies at once.

Regards,
    JPG

Are you expecting that the enemy faction mobs (like goblins) should be visible to the players on the combat tracker?

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Are you expecting that the enemy faction mobs (like goblins) should be visible to the players on the combat tracker?
    Yes. And they are, if you click the tiny little barely able to see it eyeball icon on the mob in the combat tracker. (see a couple posts above).

Quote Originally Posted by thc1967 View Post
    Yes. And they are, if you click the tiny little barely able to see it eyeball icon on the mob in the combat tracker. (see a couple posts above).
    There is a bigger button at the top left of the CT which makes all enemies visible at once. If you are having difficulty seeing the visibility icons you may want to scale the UI a bit so that things are more visible, since there are a lot of icons you are also not going to see that are a lot smaller than the visibility icons..
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There is a bigger button at the top left of the CT which makes all enemies visible at once. If you are having difficulty seeing the visibility icons you may want to scale the UI a bit so that things are more visible, since there are a lot of icons you are also not going to see that are a lot smaller than the visibility icons..
    But those don't actually make the mobs visible on the combat tracker only the map. I get the impression he wants the mobs visible ON the combat tracker (for players) as well as the map (which he said works).

I recall an extension that does that but not the name, someone else might know it. But dissimilar factions don't show up for players normally in the combat tracker.

If I misread the post (#3) I apologize.

The individual "eye" buttons (depending on ruleset), as well as the top CT "eye" button, change the visibility of NPCs on the combat tracker. The individual buttons change the setting for the individual entry, and the top button toggles for all NPCs.

When NPCs are "visible" in the CT, the players can see the NPC in their CT, and the associated tokens on the map are set to "mask visible". This means that if the tokens are not in the mask region, they are visible to players.

When NPCs are "invisible" in the CT, the players can not see the NPC in their CT, and the associated tokens on the map are set to "always invisible".

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    But those don't actually make the mobs visible on the combat tracker
    Yes they do.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information