Starfinder Playlist

LFP Friday Evenings EST, Cypher-Steampunk or 5e-Fantasy

The template stuff is below. The stuff above is more important.

I will be starting a new campaign every other Friday evening, 7:00 US Eastern time. The campaign will be players' choice: A Cyberpunk campaign set in the Altered Carbon (more closely aligned with the book series than the Netflix show) universe and using Cypher System rules or a high-magic Fantasy campaign set in a homebrew universe on a world that is "young" in terms of gods, species, magic, etc.

For either one, my ideal player count is 4-5. I have one committed and up to two others whose commitment I grow weary of waiting for.

If you are interested in playing, please answer the following:

• Which system / setting would you prefer?
    • Would either system / setting prevent you from joining?
    • What is your preferred split for combat vs. not-combat (exploration, rp, puzzles)?
    • Can you commit to every other Friday, assuming I don't suck as a DM?
    • Are you willing to use video chat via Discord (no costs) and do you have or will you acquire a webcam to do so?

FG License: I'll have Ultimate so you won't need anything beyond Demo
    Game System: Cypher or 5e, see above

Time Zone: US Eastern (currently GMT-4)
    Day of week and time: Friday, 7:00 pm
    If new game, planned start date: 30 August or 06 September
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Every other week, 4-5 hours
    Term: Long-term

Text or Voice: Voice with video required
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Initial thought is about an even split, but can flex based upon setting selected & player preference.
    Number of Players in game & needed: Ideal size is 4-5. Need 3-4, probably.
    Character starting level & equipment: Initial level. Cypher doesn't have levels but an intro character. 5e, first level.
    Character restrictions: Depends on setting.

Details of your scenario:

Cypher / CyberPunk

The year is 2707. Death is an inconvenience. Humanity has begun colonizing the galaxy. But it's not all wine and roses. Death was the great equalizer. No matter how wealthy or powerful a person became, their death reset the game. Today, the wealthiest and most powerful are also effectively immortal. There is no reset. There is only the unending accumulation of wealth and power by the very few, the corruption that derives from it, and the suffering they inflict upon everyone else.

Someone needs to reset the game.

This will be a highly political campaign with thought-provoking and potentially uncomfortable subject matter.

5e / High-Magic Fantasy

The world and magic are young. Gods walk among mortals. The people of the world have yet to face a challenge beyond their own greed and pettiness, but that’s all about to change. Your characters will become the legends all future legends strive to emulate.

If they don’t destroy the world first.

Link to Gamecalendar page: I'll figure out how to create one of these at some point. Objective is to start 30 Aug with Session 0 (intros & character rolling), do Session 1 (first adventure) 06 Sep, then every other week from there. If we can't do Session 0 until 06 Sep, then we go straight to the every other week cadence.

Hello,
    I would be interested in either setting. I usually have Friday nights off. I would be interested in either campaign. See ya at the table so to speak. Amount of combat doesn't matter to me. But I do like a good fight lol.
    Last edited by razor001; August 28th, 2019 at 01:56.

Looks like we have a couple interested players so far.

A bit more about my DM'ing style...

I like to create a world in which all the NPC's have a reason for doing what they're doing. Everyone, even a goblin-child, has a story, something they want, something they care about, a reason for doing what they'll do and reacting how they'll react.

Of course, it's not all goblin-children. There are movers & shakers in the world, too. They're the NPC's who will, either in cooperation with or opposition to the PC's, have a real chance at changing the world to more closely align with their viewpoint and objectives. The movers & shakers have agendas, plans, and the resources to execute them. In the absence of PC action, they will achieve their objectives.

That's where the PC's come in. You're part and parcel of this living, vibrant world. You were born into it. You are deeply connected to others in it. You care about it. You realize that you're in a world in which some want to do good and some want to inflict harm (even though they probably think they're doing it for the "greater good", too). Most importantly, you know that you have the wherewithal to actually drive the outcome.

Yes, the PC's get to change the world. Otherwise, what's the point?

I don't run my games as DM vs Players. It's not a contest like that. It's not about that.

I mean, yes, when you oppose someone, they will fight back in their own style and to the best of their ability. Their abilities depend on who they are. A band of goblins offers a vastly different brand of opposition than does a seasoned politician. The point is, I do my best to keep the opposition in-character for whatever NPC's you've chosen to oppose or who have chosen to oppose you.

Stories require conflict, else they're not stories.

Ultimately, my DM'ing style is to invite all of us to craft a story collaboratively through improvisation. And, just a little bit, to live vicariously through your characters.

Your characters' back-stories will expand the world. Their adventures will decide its fate.

That's what DM'ing is about to me.

I would be interested. Have quite a bit of 5E and FG experience, never played cypher system. Also EST time. Regularly available fri nights. In my mid 40's, been gaming a good long time, Enjoy a mix of combat and RP. Got a "plays well others" on my report card in 1977 :-). Prefer discord, but have a decent webcam for vid.

Looks like we're going to run the 5e Fantasy homebrew setting.

Two of the 3 players we have so far have said it's an interesting homebrew. The third I've known for 30 years and he won't be complimenting me no matter what I do. :P

Anyway, room for 1 or 2 more, and looking to start with a setting into & character rolling tomorrow night.

Ok, sounds excellent. I love a good homebrew game. Thanks for using my LFP template. Hope you pick me as I am loving what you are saying about your games. Game worlds should feel lived in and like they were around before the PCs were born and hopefully would continue on after the PCs are no longer around.

What is your preferred split for combat vs. not-combat (exploration, rp, puzzles)? Whatever works for the world and game, 50/50 is works, but sometimes you have sessions with no combat and sometimes they are heavy combat.
    Can you commit to every other Friday, assuming I don't suck as a DM? Yes, I can.
    Are you willing to use video chat via Discord (no costs) and do you have or will you acquire a webcam to do so? No, no video. I can do voice, but no video.
    Full License owner
    Destroyer of Bacon
    The thin line between genius and insanity is dotted.

Aren't you already in, PhorgotenSon? :P

I'd be very interested in joining a 5e game. From what you've said I really like your Dm style and would love to be a part of this story. Love combat and puzzles but most of all love to rp and have character development with others. So far sounds like a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner339 View Post
    I'd be very interested in joining a 5e game. From what you've said I really like your Dm style and would love to be a part of this story. Love combat and puzzles but most of all love to rp and have character development with others. So far sounds like a blast.
    Hey! Thanks for your interest! We're currently full. If someone drops out though, I'll be sure to ping you.

Thread Information