5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Connection issue

A few months back I posted about not being able to run sessions after switching to Metronet Fiber. I was told to get a static IP and that fixed it until tonight. I'm trying to run a session and no one can connect. When I test my status it says failure. I checked and my static IP is still static and I'm on the line with theri tech support.

Other odd thing is when I load your forums right now it thinks I'm on a mobile device. I have no idea what to do and players waiting to play.

Help!

Blog Entries
    Check your connection, is it set to "public"? If so, switch it to a private setting (Home/Work).

Check your anti-virus.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Best things to check in this situation are:

Reboot the Router
    If you added a Port Forward rule on the router check that your PC IP has not changed and if it has - update the rule.
    Check your Windows Network Adapter is still set as Private.
    Temporarily turn off any Antivirus Firewall to test if that is blocking the connection.

Appreciate the responses. After checking everything last night I decided before reading the post above to reboot my router and that fixed it.

Very odd but at least it is fixed.

Thread Information