5E Character Create Playlist

acount recovery?

I had to reinstall windows 10 and have lost a whole campaign I think. Oh please say it aint so.

Quote Originally Posted by Smustin View Post
    I had to reinstall windows 10 and have lost a whole campaign I think. Oh please say it aint so.
    If you haven't backed up the folder where the campaign resides - it is lost. Data is not saved anywhere in the cloud or automatically.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

What did you expect to happen? Do you think that the programs you have installed will automatically back up to the cloud somewhere?
    When you reinstall an OS you usually need to back up all your program data folders so you won’t lose anything. There are some programs that store in the cloud these days but FG is not one of them.

Ya I figured I was screwed but just wanted to check. Thanks

FYI the PCs are not screwed though. They can still recover their characters by going into Manage Characters and selecting the lost campaign's name, the press the PC button and export the character. They need to export because the campaign character data is read only. The exported data is not.

Well that does help thanks a bunch

Blog Entries
    Once you get back up and running consider zipping up your \campaigns folder periodically and sticking that in OneDrive or Dropbox etc so you have a backup.

That's a good idea. I will in the future. I'm just glad my players can save their characters. I am running HotDQ so I just have to reload the maps. But they would have had to rebuild characters that are a year old at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Once you get back up and running consider zipping up your \campaigns folder periodically and sticking that in OneDrive or Dropbox etc so you have a backup.
    But don't actually put your data folder on a cloud drive as that causes other issues.

Thread Information