DICE PACKS BUNDLE

License Conflict

I would like to log in to my own game to see how my players go about accessing tokens and portraits that I recently purchased. OFC I can see them as GM but some players say they cannot them.
    However when I use my laptop to log into my game running on my PC it says License Conflict, which ofc, it is. How can I access my game from a players perspective on my local LAN?

Start another instance of FG on the *same* computer as the GM instance and "Join Game" with a server address of localhost

If you want to access from another computer, then you'll need another license - or don't add a license key and join as a demo license, which you can do as the only player connected (FG switches to demo mode) unless you have an Ultimate license.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the localhost info. It works well but also shows the problems my players have. I purchased the Baldurs Gate/Icewind Dale portraits and, as GM, can also see portrait bags from Xanthars and one or two other purchased products. But my players see none of these. What do I have to do to make the purchased and obviously installed portraits available to my players?
    Thanks for any and all help.

I might be wrong in this one but I believe purchased token modules are only available in the GM folder (so visible only for the GM). There might be a way to make token modules available in the shared folder but that's usually not recommended due to the memory it takes up.

A simple work-around would be to send a screenshot of the token/portrait bag's content to the players and then assign them the token yourself based on their preferences.

Blog Entries
    It is a limitation in the current engine - and I believe that it is on the plans to be addressed sometime after Unity.
    In the interim you wold have to assign portraits from those collections yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It is a limitation in the current engine - and I believe that it is on the plans to be addressed sometime after Unity.
    In the interim you wold have to assign portraits from those collections yourself.
    To help with this you could screenshot the portrait folder, and let your players choose from that.

Mine tend to pick something for themselves from google searches. This sometimes takes them longer than choosing their character's name . . .

Wow! I am stunned that a purchased product cannot be viewed or used by players. Will definitely restrict my purchases in the future.

Portraits are a special case that should be fixed in FGU. other content you purchase can be shared with your players when they are connected to you.
    This is actually better than most digital platforms. Where do you believe you can go digitally that does enable sharing?
    It is a limitation of digital media because it is so easy to pirate and illegally distribute whereas print media can only effectively be used looking over the shoulder or one at a time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Wow! I am stunned that a purchased product cannot be viewed or used by players. Will definitely restrict my purchases in the future.
    As mentioned, portraits can be used by the player, but they need to be assigned by the GM. It's just that the players can not browse the portraits. If you are still unhappy, SmiteWorks has a 30-day refund policy for anything purchased through the FG Store (Steam has its own policy), all you need to do is reach out to [email protected].

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information