5E Character Create Playlist

LF1P (Tank) Friday 7-9p EST 5e Homebrew

This every other Friday campaign will have its third session this Friday. We've unfortunately lost our tank to a woman he couldn't resist (his infant daughter). We're second level.

FG License: I have Ultimate, you need Demo
    Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: US Eastern
    Day of week and time: Every other Friday, playing Friday, October 4
    If new game, planned start date: Underway
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Shooting for around 4 hours, 7:00pm to 11:00pm
    Term: I can take this to 20th level, players willing

Text or Voice: voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 ish
    Number of Players in game & needed: Need one tank.
    Character starting level & equipment: 2nd level with starter gear per rule set
    Character restrictions: No UA. Most of PHB, DMG, Sword Coast, Volo, and Xanathar are open, but homebrew setting does have some restrictions.

Details of your scenario: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/verden-thc1967

Make sure you look over the house rules under that site.

Preference given to players who:

• Are at least rudimentarily familiar with 5e and FG
    • Can meet with me on Discord Thursday evening, Eastern, for character making and setting introduction
    • Offer a tank character concept...
    • ...that is based on the setting
    • Ask at least one question about the setting that makes me think

I'm interested in this. I'm familiar with 5th Edition, and Fantasy Grounds to some extent.
    I can't offer you a character concept without better understanding current party composition (since it sounds like you have a specific need for balance, here) and house rules, though.

Hi Wogle,

House rules are available at the link in the original post.

The party needs a tank. It currently has a rogue, sorc, cleric, and bard.

If you have more specific questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

I should've been more clear. Here's some clarification on what I meant:
    Realism-related stuff: Rations, encumbrance, ammunition. Do you track these?
    Is exploration/travel a major factor in your game - will a poorly prepared party get lost or is travel a montage between story points/dungeons?
    Mature content? I feel like I have to ask, I've read a lot of r/rpghorrorstories
    Lastly, Feats/multi-classing allowed? (mostly for reference, it barely matters at this point in the game)

The above will help me figure out roughly what kind of game to expect. I can also send you my discord info to chat more later today, if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by wogle View Post
    I should've been more clear. Here's some clarification on what I meant:
    Realism-related stuff: Rations, encumbrance, ammunition. Do you track these?
    Is exploration/travel a major factor in your game - will a poorly prepared party get lost or is travel a montage between story points/dungeons?
    Mature content? I feel like I have to ask, I've read a lot of r/rpghorrorstories
    Lastly, Feats/multi-classing allowed? (mostly for reference, it barely matters at this point in the game)

The above will help me figure out roughly what kind of game to expect. I can also send you my discord info to chat more later today, if you'd like.
    Rations would matter only if you're planning an extended departure from civilization, and then I would make it clear that needs to be a consideration ahead of time. I usually don't even bother with simple maintenance stuff like stays in inns, again, unless you're getting extravagant. The mundane stuff just doesn't feel like the type of fun I'm looking for in this game.

Ammo and Encumbrance, yes. Running out of combat resources matters. Needing to figure out how to cash in on 100 suits of chain mail that you can't possibly carry all at once matters. FG makes it easy to manage this.

Travel isn't "hardcore". You may go off the beaten path. Well, you will. But it will be pretty hard to get hopelessly lost in the wilderness.

Mature content... probably not so much. Nothing sexually explicit. Definitely violence. Nothing overtly political, even.

Feats & multi-classing are definitely allowed.

The realism that I try to accomplish is that the world responds logically to what the characters do. Laws exist and are enforced. Tortured foes seek revenge. People react differently depending how kindly or unkindly you communicate with them. Everyone has a reason for doing what they do, hopefully deeper than, "that's what I need for the story at this moment".

I sent you my character in a private message. Hope you are interested

Thread Information