DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Adding effects to weapons? (feature request)

Would it be possible for items in PF2 to have a section where effects can be setup on the item itself similar to the AD&D 2e ruleset? It makes total sense and is a really slick way to setup magic weapons and items.

You obviously haven't watched the most recent Fantasy Grounds Friday...

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Discussed for a few minutes starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eelK...youtu.be&t=682
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Awesome, that sounds exactly like what I was thinking. Thanks Trenloe!!

I was going to post another question regarding effects. I am glad this thread was here. I read the manual. I see in the 5E rule set that FG has extensive sets of effects. My question was if the P2 campaign rule set would get effects somewhere on the road map. I see the answer is 'yes in time'.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    I was going to post another question regarding effects. I am glad this thread was here. I read the manual. I see in the 5E rule set that FG has extensive sets of effects. My question was if the P2 campaign rule set would get effects somewhere on the road map. I see the answer is 'yes in time'.
    See the Wiki -> User Guide -> PFRPG2 -> Effects page.

Let's say I have an item like a hat that bestows an effect of +2 Intimidation to the wearer. I have added "SKILL:2 intimidation" to the Effect field for said item but how do I get it to actually show up when making rolls for Intimidation? I have experimented with putting the effect text into the combat tracker and it works there but it is not the ideal place as that is a manual process.

Stargrove

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    Let's say I have an item like a hat that bestows an effect of +2 Intimidation to the wearer. I have added "SKILL:2 intimidation" to the Effect field for said item but how do I get it to actually show up when making rolls for Intimidation? I have experimented with putting the effect text into the combat tracker and it works there but it is not the ideal place as that is a manual process.
    Effects only work when in the combat tracker.

The "Effect" field in an item is the Pathfinder RPG rules "effect" (as per the original item details in the Pathfinder 2 product). It is not a Fantasy Grounds effect field. Confusing, I know.

It was always a mistake (a FG code mistake not a PF2e ruleset one) not attaching an items effects to themselves.
    I have a player for example that wields two weapons, One does extra damage to undead and is +1, the other one is just +2.
    If she uses each weapon in a round she has to remember to turn off the Undead effect when not using the sword with that ability on an undead (IE if on the 2nd or 3rd strike she prefers to use the +2 weapon).

Would of been so much easier if an effect is applied ONLY when the weapon that has the effect is used.

But this is something that would have to be changed in the very core of FG code I would think. Why it wasnt done years ago? I dont know.
    But what we have works even if its somewhat annoying.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

That’s how the AD&D 2e ruleset works. The effects are on the items/weapons and when you equip it they go into effect. Unequip the item or weapon or armor, whatever the case may be and the effects are no longer applied. Works really nice. And I’m not just talking about a +1 to hit or +1 AC.... It’s whatever effect you create.

Thread Information