STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Update or 2?

Update or 2?

Hello, Not exactly sure this is the right section but i had a quick questing regarding the next fantasy grounds. My emails have been getting gobbled up and I was wondering if there has been any update to when a standard license converter would be getting access to try out the new systems in alpha/beta or if there is any insight as to when that might occur? I plan on taking my current campaign from here and getting it all moved over and I am unsure as to how hard that is going to be so i'd like to be able to give my group as much heads up as possible.

If you paid for alpha access via the kickstarter, you should have already been contacted. If you paid for beta access, that has has not happened yet.

Blog Entries
    Note that the latest information about the FGU Kickstarter will always be in the KS Updates section, so you can always check there; https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ds-unity/posts

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    If you paid for alpha access via the kickstarter, you should have already been contacted. If you paid for beta access, that has has not happened yet.
    Hmm, Maybe I havnt paid for either yet. All I picked up from the kickstarter was the... i think it was a 15$ upgrade pack to upgrade my license? Unsure what that gives me access too in terms of Alpha/Beta if at all.

Edit: Ah just checked the provided link, looks like ill have Beta access but not alpha. Is there even a rough estimate as to that time frame before it kicks over to beta? I imagine sometime this year or early next?
    Last edited by EnragedLlama; August 20th, 2019 at 23:14. Reason: Spelling/info

We have not announced a timeline for beta testing yet. We have some rough internal estimates, but we don't want to announce anything until we know we are ready. Right now, we are just trying to ramp up handling ~100 alpha testers, which has kept me swamped.

At this point, the best thing I can say is that the beta testing will come after the alpha testing and before release.

Regards,
    JPG

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We have not announced a timeline for beta testing yet. We have some rough internal estimates, but we don't want to announce anything until we know we are ready. Right now, we are just trying to ramp up handling ~100 alpha testers, which has kept me swamped.

At this point, the best thing I can say is that the beta testing will come after the alpha testing and before release.

Regards,
    JPG
    Very much appreciated. No big rush on it. I'd rather it was done properly than fast. Honestly I am just glad I don't have to try and figure out how to export/import everything over to the new FG any time soon. I imagine its going to be a MASSIVE headache. Then have to wait even longer for the extension developers to get their hands on it and start cracking out some new versions that support it.

Im just a bit ancy to see it in all of its glory. The last game i played promised us players a new engine upgrade back in 2013 and it was "Almost done" and we still havnt seen it (takes shorts at APB:R) haha. Well, keep up the good work guys!

Thread Information