5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Range - from an NPC to a Character (tokens) or vice-versa - help

Folks,

Never used, or never played in a game where range as been used, beyond someone counting the squares and applying those by the square scale, ie 8 x 5' = 40 feet.

In the Traveller ruleset those pesky Grenades explode and in an area around where it explodes, could be a PC/NPC or could be another point, I'd like to automate the damage to those around.

Can someone point out to me where I best start looking, just getting an understanding of how range can be used would be ace.

Next would be where in the code I can look, assuming what I want is possible.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

There are few rulesets that do actual calculation of range within the code - most just display it on the targeting line. I know that Savage Worlds looks at range for automation, and celestian may have done something in the 2E ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

CoreRPG supports range lines, circles, cones, and squares by default if you have a grid on the map. The only thing you need to set is the size of one square / hex (I believe it defaults to "1") - so you can say it's one meter for Traveller. Or you can setup a cycler on the options windows to adjust that.

There are no examples in the rulesets I've written so far. As Trenloe mentioned, there is some code in SW regarding range. (I'm not sure about 2E either, but you can ask Celestian.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    CoreRPG supports range lines, circles, cones, and squares by default if you have a grid on the map. The only thing you need to set is the size of one square / hex (I believe it defaults to "1") - so you can say it's one meter for Traveller. Or you can setup a cycler on the options windows to adjust that.
    Traveller sets 1.5m per square, I've dropped that into the ruleset for the moment, adding options for the 'advanced' way you take damage at the moment.

Thanks chaps, I'll take a look at SW, last time I looked it was built very different.... anyway thanks
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information