DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Dual Install?

Dual Install?

Is it possible to have an Ultimate install and a Demo install on the same computer? Since I'm going to be walking my players through using a program they are totally unfamiliar with, I want to connect to my own server with the demo version so that I can see exactly what my players will see when they connect.

You don't need a second installation of FG to do what you're asking. Start another instance of FG on the same computer and "Join Game" with a server address of localhost
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Are there any interface differences between the demo version and the ultimate version, once you join the game? I don't want to give my players instructions that turn out to not be correct for the demo version...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Are there any interface differences between the demo version and the ultimate version, once you join the game?
    Nope.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    No. The demo version and the ultimate version are the same when it comes to interface. The only differences are that in a demo you can not save a campaign and that you can not host others.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hello. I would like to know where the config file that stores the demo/ultimate flag is stored, and if possible the ip, etc.
    I have a different situation using hamachi, etc. and my son and i are on the same network blah blah...
    Please just tell where that config file for fg2 is store and name of variable and what valid values are for demo and ultimate.

Actually I think I remember this info is in the registry. If so do you have the info?

phil
    Last edited by PhilFischer; July 16th, 2021 at 08:43.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilFischer View Post
    Hello. I would like to know where the config file that stores the demo/ultimate flag is stored, and if possible the ip, etc.
    I have a different situation using hamachi, etc. and my son and i are on the same network blah blah...
    Please just tell where that config file for fg2 is store and name of variable and what valid values are for demo and ultimate.

Actually I think I remember this info is in the registry. If so do you have the info?

phil
    There's not a flag that indicates demo/ultimate - that's based off the license key entered in the settings.

The IP address is also not stored in the registry, that is read from the operating system when FG runs.

What are you trying to accomplish and are you using FG Classic or FG Unity?

Thread Information