5E Character Create Playlist

Creating a Half-elf Rogue

Hello,
    I need some clarification on some points during the creation steps of a Half-Elf Rogue.

One of my players created a half elf Rogue yesterday.
    When selecting the race Half elf, she could choose proficiency in 2 skills, due to Skill Versatility linked to the race. She chose Stealth and perception

Then after selecting Rogue, she could choose 4 skills. Among those , she choosed Stealth and perception again.

In the list skills list, we saw the bonus is +2. (And not 4)
    As she chose the skills twice, I clicked on the star to make it dubble and have the bonus set to +4.
    Is it correct to do that ?

As a Rogue, she also has Expertise. Does it mean that she can once again double 2 skills ? Or is it the same as what we've done just before ?

Thanks for your help, cause it's a bit confused in my mind.
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Proficiency does not stack. When making a character in FG, its recommended to do Background, Race, then Class to avoid such situations. Expertise is about the only way to get the double dip.

Thanks for your response.
    Actually, she did Race, Class, then Background. But the question would have occured with a different order, as those proficiency were granted for the race, and then for the class.

And so, you confirm that Expertise it to be added manually after ?
    Ultimate license holder

Yes, expertise would be added after you have finished dragging in Race, Background and class. As twistedmike says drag in race and background before class so that you don't pick the same skills twice.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks a lot to both of you!
    Ultimate license holder

Slightly contrary to above I'd always do race first, then background, then class, because race skills can't be adjusted but (straight from the PHB) you can swap any skills/languages/tools you like with your background.

Thread Information