DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 84 of 114 First ... 3474828384858694 ... Last
    Hi Spelledarkonto, welcome too FG.

No there's no difference in how LoS works in DotMM. Note, however, that only a few maps have been done for DotMM (see the first post) so lots of them don't have LoS added.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I see, very weird that it doesn't work for me then. I can see the difference in lighting when I am GM but I don't get any definitions on the walls, doors etc on any level (We just begun adventure on lvl 1).

I guess I'll maybe have to clear everything and download the module again or something.

Update: Got it working looking forward to years of dungeon delving with this adventure alone :P
    Last edited by Spelledarkonto; May 27th, 2020 at 15:55.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    I get the premise of the design and it makes sense. But it seems like there should be a way to mitigate this issue for terrain blockers and keyboard based movement. Maybe calculate a few interpolated points between the starting grid and the ending grid, recalculate LoS a couple times "on the way" to the destination. I think without mitigating design you'll be getting "bug" reports until the end of time. We can go back and fix all the official modules in this thread, but there will always be people creating their own LoS definitions and this will continue to trip people up long term. Every dungeon map has a 5' hallway with a short step up that will trigger this issue. An alternative design remedy could be to make the terrain tool refuse to draw a shape smaller than 5' sq.
    lavoiejh, you will be happy to know that Carl came up with some way to address that limitation. I didn't want to suggest that it was fixable because I was under the impression that our earlier design choice had put us into a position there which was unchangeable. Evidently that is not the case and there is a new version going to be pushed to our dev channel for testing this week, along with a few other cool new features.

Another big feature that Carl touched on was movement blockers. They are drawn much like terrain but you can see through them completely -- they just block movement. I think this is going to be a great way to handle things like a portcullis, barred windows, etc. It may be a while before we have this fully tested in the UI though, because it also needs new icons and UI hookups. We want to finish testing everything around it too before rolling out a new map feature like this that will begin to be incorporated into data modules.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    lavoiejh, you will be happy to know that Carl came up with some way to address that limitation. I didn't want to suggest that it was fixable because I was under the impression that our earlier design choice had put us into a position there which was unchangeable. Evidently that is not the case and there is a new version going to be pushed to our dev channel for testing this week, along with a few other cool new features.

Another big feature that Carl touched on was movement blockers. They are drawn much like terrain but you can see through them completely -- they just block movement. I think this is going to be a great way to handle things like a portcullis, barred windows, etc. It may be a while before we have this fully tested in the UI though, because it also needs new icons and UI hookups. We want to finish testing everything around it too before rolling out a new map feature like this that will begin to be incorporated into data modules.
    Glad to hear it! I think it'll prove worth the time investment in the long run. Always excited to explore new features as well! I'm sure you'll have plenty of testers waiting in the wings for the transparent blocker feature, I know I've seen many people clamoring for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guoccamole View Post
    Here is my first MODULE MAPPING adding FGU Line of Sight (LOS) for:

"Hoard of the Dragon Queen"(D&D 5E).
    LOS Player Maps:

27 Players maps - complete, some quite huge.

Please let me know if you notice any shortcomings/oversights, or have any comments, suggestions, or questions.
    TY!
    I'm running HotDQ and we just moved to Unity. I attempted to use the attached xml and while the size of the file was greater than that of the xml that I had been using for classic (64KB on classic vs the 612KB in your upload) There are no walls present in the maps when I load them. Also the map of skyreach castle seems to be formatted differently as when I drop a token on it the token takes up a Large creature space instead of 1 square.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian452 View Post
    I'm running HotDQ and we just moved to Unity. I attempted to use the attached xml and while the size of the file was greater than that of the xml that I had been using for classic (64KB on classic vs the 612KB in your upload) There are no walls present in the maps when I load them. Also the map of skyreach castle seems to be formatted differently as when I drop a token on it the token takes up a Large creature space instead of 1 square.
    You should not need to be downloading any xml files from here. Once they are uploaded here, Zacchaeus then verifies them and includes them in the products that download from the FG server. So once it's verified, you will get the LOS data as soon as you run an update.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian452 View Post
    Hoard of the Dragon Queen is still in progress so I wouldn't try to use the xml file from that post. The person who volunteered to do it hasn't reported in, in a while so i don't know what progress has been made on it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

@Zacchaeus I am just checking in about the LoS xml I drafted for AAW Search for the Tri-Stone in message #817. I wanted to make sure this was what smiteworks is looking for before I turned in more drafts.

Thanks.

Spacebar

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebar77 View Post
    @Zacchaeus I am just checking in about the LoS xml I drafted for AAW Search for the Tri-Stone in message #817. I wanted to make sure this was what smiteworks is looking for before I turned in more drafts.

Thanks.

Spacebar
    Sorry, been busy with other things. I'll have a look at it tomorrow,

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebar77 View Post
    This is my first attempt at adding LoS to a module. Please let me know what you think and I will get more to you soon.

Just some notes on this one until I know I am on the right track for thinking about what to add line of sight and not. This is for 5E compatible. There is also pathfinder and D&D3.5 in the store. Don't know if it will transfer as well.

AAW module: A08: Search for the Tri-Stone (5E)
    - Cliffs Edge: No combat. Environment map. Map is fully viewable to me. Let me know if you think otherwise.
    - Dark Wood: Wall lines used for trunks of trees. This wooded area is trr only and not brush. So I used wall lines for the trunk and not terrain lines.
    - Rybalkan Peninsula Overland Map: Not a PC map
    - Serpent Lake Map: Not a PC map
    - The Thingallor: Complete. Did not terrain the benches since I thought they would be low enough not to cause any sight blockage.
    Jolly good. I've added this to the 5e module.

Thread Information