5E Character Create Playlist
Page 8 of 114 First ... 6789101858108 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    It is half peek, half twerk.
    lol
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

@SmiteWorks Does the 9/5/2019 "FGU Playtest Update" take care of the occlusion lossy issues, e.g., the MIA pins? So would it be safe to add occlusion to maps without necessarily losing pins information?

Quote Originally Posted by Guoccamole View Post
    @SmiteWorks Does the 9/5/2019 "FGU Playtest Update" take care of the occlusion lossy issues, e.g., the MIA pins? So would it be safe to add occlusion to maps without necessarily losing pins information?
    Yes, I tested it this morning and the occluders and pins are now tickety boo. Full steam ahead.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

What am I doing wrong*

I want to load someones XML to look at LOS that they have linked in their post* I have opened the module in FGU and pathed to the modulebd and pasted the "new" xml, but no LOS when I open the map* I would love to start some part of a contribution to the LOS for FGU

edit: Also is there to be a "return to launcher" from the exit menu* (found the answer to this from Moon Wizard post ***"*I*We are aware that the application doesn*t reset fully when cancelling* which is one of the reasons why Return to Launcher and *reload commands are currently disabled* They are a lower priority than any data and live game issues right now*"**I*
    Last edited by Halfront; September 9th, 2019 at 15:02.
    "Time is an illusion...lunch time doubly so."

While testing how Doug used LOS for the "Cragmaw Castle (Player)" I noticed this odd behavior.

The green Terrain Option used for the arrow slits display different for the yellow circled areas and I'm not sure why this happens. The three arrow slits look the same and use the same Terrain line feature. I arrow key moved a PC in Play mode around the Castle and the right side of the Castle doesn't allow looking into just by moving the token around but the top center arrow slits do allow looking inside.

cragmawLOS.JPG

edit: I found my issue - when I hovered over the arrow slit it said "closed" - need a new pair of eyeglasses

Which brings up a point of should all arrow slits be default "closed".
    Last edited by Halfront; September 8th, 2019 at 23:26.

All doors or terrain feature default to closed. I’d leave it up to the DM to decide if they want it open.

PotA COMPLETED!

DD Princes of the Apocalypse.xml

EDIT: map xml updated as of 01/22/2020

MAPS COMPLETED
    Feathergale-Spire-Player-Ground-Level
    Feathergale-Spire-Player-Level-Three
    Feathergale-Spire-Player-Level-Two
    Feathergale-Spire-Player-Pinnacle
    Feathergale-Spire-Player-Stable-Level
    Fane-of-the-Eye-Player (corrected terrain per DD recommendations)
    Halls-of-the-Hunting-Axe-A-Player
    Halls-of-the-Hunting-Axe-B-Player
    Halls-of-the-Hunting-Axe-Player
    Halls-of-the-Hunting-Axe-Player-X1
    Howling-Caves-Player
    Necromancers-Cave-Player
    Rivergard-Keep-Player
    Rivergard-Keep-Player-2nd-Floor
    Rivergard-Keep-Player-Hidden-Boat-Landing
    Sacred-Stone-Monastery-Player-Above-Ground
    Sacred-Stone-Monastery-Player-Below-Ground
    Shrine-of-Tender-Oath-Player
    Temple-of-Eternal-Flame-Player
    Temple-of-Howling-Hatred-Player
    Temple-of-the-Black-Earth-Player
    Temple-of-the-Crushing-Wave-Player
    The-Black-Geode-Player
    The-Plunging-Torrents-Player
    The-Weeping-Colossus-Player
    Tomb-of-Moving-Stones-Player

The following maps do not have any LOS as I considered LOS not applicable:
    (SW let me know if you think different and I will tackle whichever map)
    Bargewright-Player
    Dellmon-Ranch-Player
    Halls-of-the-Hunting-Axe-Player-X5
    Halls-of-the-Hunting-Axe-Player-X6
    Red-Larch-Environs-Player
    Red-Larch-Player
    Scarlet-Moon-Hall-Player
    Scarlet-Moon-Hall-Player-Tower
    Sighing-Valley-Players
    Yartar-Player
    Last edited by Halfront; January 23rd, 2020 at 01:34.

Blog Entries
    Hey folks, I have some feedback that I will start posting.

Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Carnath House
    CarnathHouseNotes1.jpg
    CarnathHouseNotes2.jpg

Note: #1 should use the door mode. The line segments will show up as blue when properly set. Additionally, they should line up perfectly with the outline of the door, or line up so they are flush with the wall in situations where the door is very large. With single lines in the middle of thin walls (like we have on this map), the door definition should tightly enclose the entirety of the door. The connecting wall segments should slightly overlap into the door's rectangle to avoid any gaps.

* An upcoming version of FGU will be released so that the intersection point will create a point within both the wall and the doors where they will magnetically lock to each other. You can then delete the point inside the door from the wall since the wall will basically snap to the door's edge.

#2 and #3 - These should ideally snap to a point from each line segment. When drawing lines currently, you can click or spacebar to place a point wherever a new wall comes in. You can even do this when continuing on with a straight line. This will allow you a snap-point later on from a perpendicular line. With the update mentioned earlier, you will be able to add this after the fact by simply overlapping your line to create an intersection point and then deleting the overlapping point that extends beyond the edge snapped point.

I would replace these circles with polygons.
    What you currently have:
    CarnathHouseNotesCorner1.jpg

What I would recommend:
    CarnathHouseNotesCorner2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Here are some thoughts I shared with Zacchaeus already for the Alley maps in Waterdeep Dragon Heist. The map has a bunch of roof lines. Using terrain provides some interesting options for simulating hiding on the other side of a pitched roof. The GM may need to turn on and off roof terrain pieces during play to handle specific scenarios, but it gives some fun options.

Original map with walls drawn. No ability to get up on roofs. Players leaving the map would accidentally see to the other side.
    Alley_version1.png

If you redo each major plane of the roof, you get some simulated 3D effects. Players can actually see much of the roof from the ground -- at least for roof lines that are facing them directly. Players can also climb up to a roof, bust through a basement window/door and enter buildings or fly up there.
    Alley_version2.png

In play:
    Alley_version2_inplay.png

These sort of scenarios are almost always going to fall to the person creating the adventure conversion and what they think makes the most sense. As a GM, you can always override the built in LOS by double-clicking to select LOS definitions you don't like and replacing them with something you prefer.

Thread Information