5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 49 of 114 First ... 3947484950515999 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I am going to work on adding LOS to Starfinder maps, but I don't want to work on the same ones as you. I have been doing Dead Suns. What have you been doing about starships windows?
    I have been putting walls over them because they also block character movement, I typically do it on the outside edge so they can see it's glass. I was originally using terrain but was told that that was the wrong way. I really wish we had a transparent but movement blocking type.

Mini-Dungeon #006: Abandoned Shrine (5E)

Another straight forward side-treck LoS... Mini-Dungeon #006: Abandoned Shrine (5E) - the single "Dungeon Map (Player)"
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarity View Post
    Another straight forward side-treck LoS... Mini-Dungeon #006: Abandoned Shrine (5E) - the single "Dungeon Map (Player)"
    Jolly Good.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

MD013 The Case of the Scrupulous Pawnbroker (5E)

Here's the LoS for "MD013 The Case of the Scrupulous Pawnbroker (5E)" another single-map mini dungeon.

Point to note: "The Dungeon Map (Player)" is a single image that depicts three levels. The problem arises when players travel from the staircase on one level to the staircase on another level and there's no way to model this with LoS.

Players are prevented from moving their character tokens between the various levels and, if the DM move the characters on behalf of the players, it reveals areas of the map to the players. Other than reproducing each level on a different map, I have no idea how this can be resolved. I'm sure this will be an issue for many more modules (multiple levels on a single map) so, does anyone have any ideas on this one?

//Edit 16 Feb... .xml file updated (I don't know if it makes any difference but I closed all the doors and re-uploaded)
    Last edited by Moriarity; February 16th, 2020 at 11:44.

The DM will need to hold down SHIFT whilst moving the tokens. That way nothing is revealed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ahaaa… Thanks for enlightening me... I should've known that

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The DM will need to hold down SHIFT whilst moving the tokens. That way nothing is revealed.
    Sorry but my testing with this doesn't have the that effect (all rooms players are dragged over are revealed). Am I missing something?
    Server License: Ultimate. Anyone can play for free.
    Server Address: Cold Thief Bold Luck

Quote Originally Posted by xazil View Post
    Sorry but my testing with this doesn't have the that effect (all rooms players are dragged over are revealed). Am I missing something?
    It would appear that this isn't working at the moment.

The shift/drag seems to be working for me. Tested with only DM connected - I'll re-check with DM and Player...

Update... With DM & Player connected, the shift/drag method works - but only on the DM's map. The background is revealed on the player map as if dragged without shift. See attachments
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Moriarity; February 16th, 2020 at 11:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarity View Post
    The shift/drag seems to be working for me. Tested with only DM connected - I'll re-check with DM and Player...

Update... With DM & Player connected, the shift/drag method works - but only on the DM's map. The background is revealed on the player map as if dragged without shift. See attachments
    Indeed. That's what I found last night. It's been reported.

Thread Information