Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 114 First 123451353103 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Thanks, Kelrugem. I was able to track down a number of memory leaks with the image control. Once it is pushed in a new build, memory usage should be stable during LOS editing and most map operations. There are still a couple of holes to plug, but they shouldn't be very impactful during typical map usage.
    Thanks for your work I am excited to see the update

Thanks, Kelrugem. I was able to track down a number of memory leaks with the image control. Once it is pushed in a new build, memory usage should be stable during LOS editing and most map operations. There are still a couple of holes to plug, but they shouldn't be very impactful during typical map usage.
    Wow, it works much better now since the last patch Thanks a lot

Any chance the SHIFT button(s) could be used to lock lines into the either horizontal|vertical mode? That use of the SHIFT key is standard in some (many?) graphics programs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guoccamole View Post
    Any chance the SHIFT button(s) could be used to lock lines into the either horizontal|vertical mode? That use of the SHIFT key is standard in some (many?) graphics programs.
    ^^ This.

2c on Snapping.
    It would be nice to have snapping of a new point (that lies within a few pixels horizontally or vertically of an existing point) to the same horizontal/vertical coordinate. That would accelerate dealing with doorways.

Also, perhaps a modifier key (Control?) could eliminate the snapping action on new points. (I don’t know what modifier key is customary on graphics programs for this; Control is a guess. Perhaps a different modifier key would be customary (and better to be compatible with existing UX).)

On the other hand, the snapping a new point to existing point that is nearby can be very troublesome when tweaking LOS, e.g., for adding short segment between room corner and doorway. This snapping action effectively limits how short a segment can be. I would limit the snapping to the box containing the end point, but not beyond that box. The box should be sufficient for connecting lines.

I hope my suggestions are clear.

... Map Module
    BTW, I have chosen D&D Hoard of the Dragon Queen for my experimentation(s), and hope to complete maps in alphabetic order.

I don’t know if you’re taking bugs in this thread, but I just noticed an issue with the mouse click result. When I clicked the mouse to start a line, the point would not necessarily start where I clicked. After some brief experimentation, I notice that the line (and virtual point cursor) was moving faster than the mouse, i.e., out of sync with the mouse.

Also, I suggest cancelling any graphics editing (mode) when the map is (re)locked. Now, I find I am still creating lines, even after I lock the map. (When I unlock the map, I can turn off line editing, and re-lock the map, and all is good AFAIK.)
    Last edited by Guoccamole; August 24th, 2019 at 07:52.

I would suggest during creation of shapes (lines et al.), Double-Click to end the shape, e.g., to end line at the cursor.

QUESTION: Given two maps (GM & Player) of the same area, the only map which needs LOS treatment is the Player map? Correct?

I would suggest during creation of shapes (lines et al.), Double-Click to end the shape, e.g., to end line at the cursor.

QUESTION: Given two maps (GM & Player) of the same area, the only map which needs LOS treatment is the Player map? Correct?
    Double-click already works, i.e. it ends drawing with adding a last node at the current position of your cursor (or what did you mean?) See:

Pro-tip: You can use the space bar to add points and the enter key to complete drawing, i.e. space bar = mouse-click, enter key = double-click. This should also apply any where in image editing that is relevant, e.g. painting.
    (and with escape you end it without drawing a last node)

To your other question: Yes, should be only the player map (not really a use for GM map, I guess)

Blog Entries
    2c on Snapping.
    It would be nice to have snapping of a new point (that lies within a few pixels horizontally or vertically of an existing point) to the same horizontal/vertical coordinate. That would accelerate dealing with doorways.

Also, perhaps a modifier key (Control?) could eliminate the snapping action on new points. (I don’t know what modifier key is customary on graphics programs for this; Control is a guess. Perhaps a different modifier key would be customary (and better to be compatible with existing UX).)

On the other hand, the snapping a new point to existing point that is nearby can be very troublesome when tweaking LOS, e.g., for adding short segment between room corner and doorway. This snapping action effectively limits how short a segment can be. I would limit the snapping to the box containing the end point, but not beyond that box. The box should be sufficient for connecting lines.

I hope my suggestions are clear.

... Map Module
    BTW, I have chosen D&D Hoard of the Dragon Queen for my experimentation(s), and hope to complete maps in alphabetic order.
    The control key is the assigned key for toggling the snapping. Adding wall points uses a different snapping mechanism than, say, moving a layer. I've just taken a quick peek and the control key binding is not being used for wall snapping. Thanks for noticing.

@Kelrugem Yes, you are right. I am not sure why I was confused about that. Thank you for setting me straight.

Thread Information