Starfinder Playlist
Page 96 of 114 First ... 46869495969798106 ... Last
    A couple of questions:
    1. Is there a specific post on what we should do with the XML file? I saw some post about breaking it out into sub-xml files or something and eventually a tool may be released for that?
    2. I did a search for the Descent into Avernus file, but although I did an internal search just for this post, I can't seem to find the xml file - can someone assist? It says Zacchaeous completed it.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    A couple of questions:
    1. Is there a specific post on what we should do with the XML file? I saw some post about breaking it out into sub-xml files or something and eventually a tool may be released for that?
    2. I did a search for the Descent into Avernus file, but although I did an internal search just for this post, I can't seem to find the xml file - can someone assist? It says Zacchaeous completed it.

If you purchased from the FG Store, just do an update to FGU and it will download the new version of the module that has the XML file in it already.

If you see the LoS icon on an item in the store, it means it includes the necessary XML files, you don't have to do anything special.
    Last edited by Sulimo; September 16th, 2020 at 02:33. Reason: and=an

Sulimo, that is awesome, thank you! I would assume since I purchased it in August of this year, I *should* already have it in place. Will double check -- if it's not there, I guess I will have to see about doing a reinstall of it! Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Sulimo, that is awesome, thank you! I would assume since I purchased it in August of this year, I *should* already have it in place. Will double check -- if it's not there, I guess I will have to see about doing a reinstall of it! Cheers!
    Reinstall not needed, just do an Update and FG will update it with the latest version.

But as Sulimo said, check the product page on teh store to make sure it has an LOS symbol, then you know the update will have it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Question?

Should ruined walls that are outside be mapped as terrain or walls? For instance, a ruined tower that still stands 80 ft in height.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    Question?

Should ruined walls that are outside be mapped as terrain or walls? For instance, a ruined tower that still stands 80 ft in height.
    That's a tricky one. It probably depends if you think (or if the text says) that it can be climbed. If it can then terrain; if not then a wall. Something 80 feet high is definitely blocking LoS in some way.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

A couple of questions:

You won't find any xml files for Descent into Avernus since I did that myself. As others have said it is built into the module and you only need to open any player map and the LoS will automatically be applied to that map. This was one of the first modules I did LoS for and so it was done at least a year ago - when Unity was still in alpha.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Is this the right thread to post a problem?

I'm trying to map Empire of the Ghouls maps and everything seemed to be OK on my maps so far. Learning as I go, but currently have this problems, where my player can see through a wall. I can't see any gaps, and he can be away from the wall and it still leaks through.

What the player sees.

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 11.32.21.png

How it's seen on the DM side

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 11.33.08.png

Close up. Ignore the secret door placement, will sort later.

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 11.35.56.png

EDIT: Solved it by creating a new wall. Would still like to know why though.
    Last edited by spoonhead; September 19th, 2020 at 10:00.

Well, I went ahead and finished all the maps in Empire of the Ghouls, a module by Kobold Press. I did try and contact them to ask if they were working on LoS for FGU, but go no reply. Anyway, here's the XML file. I hope all is ok, but if there are any issues or problems, please shout out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Just a FYI...

I am the one that developed the Curse of the Crimson Throne adventure path for Fantasy Grounds. I just wanted to post that I have started creating the Unity occluders for this adventure path. I am hoping to get them finished for Tuesday update for 9/15 but if I miss the deadline, I will definitely get the occluders done for the whole AP by the 9/22 update.

I just wanted to post a heads up in case someone else was thinking of doing it. I didn't want you to finish it, come to post it here, and then find out it was already completed after you did all the work.

Thanks,
    Danny

UPDATE: Definitely wont be done for the 9/15 update. I am doing more than creating the occluders. I am going in and doing some cleanup and fixing to get it to newer standards. This was one of the first ones I developed so I am freshening it up a bit to be more like the most recent ones. I'm also adding non-id names to creatures' images and NPC records and reorienting maps to have north facing up. Will have all of this done for the 9/22 update.
    Hey sciencephile! Really looking forward to this, so thanks in advance for all the hard work. My group is just entering Scarwall, and I am looking to use it as our introduction to FGU.

Thread Information