5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 51 of 114 First ... 41495051525361101 ... Last
    Here is the amended files for PFRPG Mummy's Mask AP 1 : The Half Dead City. Thanks Zacchaeus & Doug for your thoughts.

On to MM AP 2.....

Christopher
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by brochr View Post
    Here is the amended files for PFRPG Mummy's Mask AP 1 : The Half Dead City. Thanks Zacchaeus & Doug for your thoughts.

On to MM AP 2.....

Christopher
    Well done, brochr. I've updated the module to include your files.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarity View Post
    Another straight forward side-treck LoS... Mini-Dungeon #006: Abandoned Shrine (5E) - the single "Dungeon Map (Player)"
    I've updated both the PFRPG and the 5e modules with your files. Jolly Good.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarity View Post
    Here's the LoS for "MD013 The Case of the Scrupulous Pawnbroker (5E)" another single-map mini dungeon.

Point to note: "The Dungeon Map (Player)" is a single image that depicts three levels. The problem arises when players travel from the staircase on one level to the staircase on another level and there's no way to model this with LoS.

Players are prevented from moving their character tokens between the various levels and, if the DM move the characters on behalf of the players, it reveals areas of the map to the players. Other than reproducing each level on a different map, I have no idea how this can be resolved. I'm sure this will be an issue for many more modules (multiple levels on a single map) so, does anyone have any ideas on this one?

//Edit 16 Feb... .xml file updated (I don't know if it makes any difference but I closed all the doors and re-uploaded)
    Excellent; I've updated both the 5e and PF modules with your files.

LOS - Cragmaw entrance (spoiler)

I just might be being picky, but it seems that a Terrain blocker should be placed about part way in because a Player can see the bridge from the outside and the description from P1-04.04. Steep Passage says:
    From this point on, characters without darkvision will need light to see their surroundings.

Now this could mean that the "steep passage" is what is dark and requires light/darkvision, but I have always assumed it was the entire cave.

DM View
    Cragmaw DM View.JPG

Player View
    Cragmaw Player View.JPG
    I circled where I believe a Terrain blocker would make sense.
    "Time is an illusion...lunch time doubly so."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfront View Post
    I just might be being picky, but it seems that a Terrain blocker should be placed about part way in because a Player can see the bridge from the outside and the description from P1-04.04. Steep Passage says:
    From this point on, characters without darkvision will need light to see their surroundings.

Now this could mean that the "steep passage" is what is dark and requires light/darkvision, but I have always assumed it was the entire cave.

DM View
    Cragmaw DM View.JPG

Player View
    Cragmaw Player View.JPG
    I circled where I believe a Terrain blocker would make sense.
    This is a good thought, but IMO I would handle this by overlaying a mask. Because where the blocking occurs, and how is dependent upon the party. A party with darkvision won't have the blocking, and then you have to remove the terrain blocker. And, once a non-darkvision party has a light source, the blocker will no longer be valid either. Seems easier and more 'common' to me to not have a terrain blocker there and just have the DM use the mask. (Though the issue is the DM has to know to do that since a mask can not be stored with the module.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfront View Post
    Tricky one. Almost any dungeon without a light source would be in a similar situation. I'm not sure that we want to fill entire dungeons with terrain blockers.

I think we wait until we have light ranges implemented to handle these kinds of situations. Meantime as LE says we still have the mask option.

Super... I should’ve known you had that covered

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Thanks Steve for taking part. I've had a look at the map you did and everything is fine except that you've missed a couple of secret doors which I've marked on the image below. Otherwise you are good to go. Can I put you down to do the occluders for this one?
    Hi Zacchaeus,

Only 3 more maps to go for this one.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?search=sandpoint

Let me know if any changes have to be done. (i.ex: the tavern map has roofs but I left them without terrain occluders)

Steve Flammang aka KingGraan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Flammang View Post
    Hi Zacchaeus,

Only 3 more maps to go for this one.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?search=sandpoint

Let me know if any changes have to be done. (i.ex: the tavern map has roofs but I left them without terrain occluders)

Steve Flammang aka KingGraan
    Looking good, Steve. Onward and upward

Thread Information