DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Sword of Sharpness - Errata for DMG

In response to a question on Twitter, Jeremy Crawford points out that the DMG (PRINTED VERSION) is correct and the SRD is wrong.

I paid for the 5e DMG in Fantasy Grounds and told it to show me the DMG objects and instead of using the verbiage in my printed DMG, it shows the erroneous information in the SRD.

I checked and the SRD I downloaded in 2018 shows the 4d6 instead of a straight +14 damage to creatures.

https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/...e-on-a-crit%2F

JeremyCrawfordOnTwitter.PNG

Since Jeremy Crawford indicated the correct answer, please fix the 5e DMG for swords of Sharpness.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I'm sure Mr. Z will be along come tomorrow to take a look. Though note that FG needs to follow published errata. And even though JC is the lead designer, his tweets are not actually the official errata.

That said, the DMG version of FG should comply with the printed version of the DMG, which I think is what you want. And the FG DMG should not be using the SRD content.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, thanks for pointing this out

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It looks like that error has been in FG since the original DMG was produced. I'm not sure whether it originally said 4d6 and it was updated (I can't find any errata) or whether it's just a result of copy/pasting from the pdf. The SRD is just a cut down copy of the DMG, so the error is repeated there.

Incidentally if you have the DMG open then you don't also need the SRD Data open.

I've taken a note to fix the wording in both modules; thanks for reporting.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information