Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

Thread: Hi from X Rumer

XRumer_OK

Hi from X Rumer

Hello from XRumer )
    Anybody home?

Yes. But what are you doing in my home?

rv

HEY! What are you guys doing in my livingroom!
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Obviously waiting for you to run a game for us!

Yuppz... Sounds like my regular ArsMagica gaming group.

*leans back and lights his pipe*

It is the lord's year of 1532 and there is great unrest in the provinces of Sweden where the king Gustavus Wasa has declared the country as Protestant and claimed the holdings of the papists.

Down in central Europe and under the hand of the Papal decree there is a great crusade against those whom would wield the art magic despite that the church holds unto 'Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live'. Many magi have turned from the Hermetic order and to the clemency of the church, declaring themselves Pious Magi and hunting down their former brothers in the art.

A few individuals have been invited though to the protestant side of the conflict and given rather free hands by rulers that like Gustavus Wasa that think that protecting these men and women of science and research might lead to an edge in trading as well as in diplomacy and warfare...

At court the new 'scientists' are giving the nobles considerable pause. Obviously these men and women are more than commoners... but are they to be considered as equals?

Let the games begind...

I say its time for us to band together and head back down South to help our brethren mages. Not brazenly... but with force and direction non the less.

Get funding and setup safe houses and arrange for passage back to Sweden for those that wish it!

Almeres of Tytalos voice is low, almost a whisper. "So my esteemed brother would have us rush in as a hungry spide attacking an anthill? Far wiser mayhap to ply the threads of our webs here in Sweden first and make sure that a powerful web and a safe place to rest it is. Cowardly? No... not cowardly, but a wise general will know his own weakness. We are but a handful and they are many. No... What we need to do first is build our own walls and then we send out people to scout and see what else can be taken from the enemy."

Oran of Flambeu speaks thus "Our brother of Tytalos has grown old and frightened, to scared that he might lose his games if he wander into unknown teritory... Far better to take the flame to the nests of others than wait for it to come to our own. I say we strike now, strike deep and aim for the throat. I suggest we strike at the former iberian tribune and decapitate the snakes that turned against us once and for all."

Elyss of Miscelania says little, but her smile seems genuinely amused. "Once upon a time... THIS happened to others who were taught outside the order. They swift strike ended up blunted and broken. And like them we'd be shattered for good."

The discussion runs high and late into the night ere the heads of the impromptu tribune turns to you for your thoughts once more...

Perhaps we can make everyone happy. While splitting ones forces for battle can be a foolish proposition, it can also bring victory.

I say each of us works on that which suits him or her. Almeres will work on making Sweden a bastion of safety for those that we send back. Oran makes a strike team to harry the enemy.

While Almeres builds and Oran attacks I will look for more forces to send to both of them. Perhaps Elyss will join me in this?

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    Perhaps we can make everyone happy. While splitting ones forces for battle can be a foolish proposition, it can also bring victory.

I say each of us works on that which suits him or her. Almeres will work on making Sweden a bastion of safety for those that we send back. Oran makes a strike team to harry the enemy.

While Almeres builds and Oran attacks I will look for more forces to send to both of them. Perhaps Elyss will join me in this?

Elyss nods slowly. "Perhaps it is for the best that the bush that no longer bears fruit be pruned, but I shall help you in this. But know that the order of Hermes has grown old and dry with years... Perhaps better for all of mankind if we fail?" Her eyes try to capture yours and somehow the flippant remark can't hide the deep despair in the dark eyes.

Oran's response is a less than dignified whoop. "FINALLY, the arts are researched to be used... and where better to try them than on the battlefield?"

Only Almeres seems to be distraught at the way the voting has gone. "I shall do what is within my might, but I fear it shall not suffice. I shall contact master Hanlöf of the smith's guild first and try to teach him some of the true secrets of steel...

So Elyss of the Dark Eyes, I have given some thought to our task. If we are to travel these dangerous lands tis better to do it openly then to sulk about. Openly... but not as ourselves! I say we either pose as merchants ourselves or attach ourselves to a merchant as part of his group and so visit foreign cities and towns.

Do you know if any merchants that would be amendable to such an arraignment? Or perhaps we can talk to someone in the Merchants Guild.

Thread Information