FG Spreadshirt Swag

What exactly do I need?

Hi, I've been trying to get into online D&D for a while now but every time I do the pricing confuses me until I give up trying to understand it.

Right now, I am trying to play DM Curse of Strahd for four players. I think that means I need the...

~Curse of Strahd Adventure Module (Maps, Creatures, and Tokens included (?))
    ~Player Handbook (Character Creation)
    ~Ultimate Membership (To host a game and to share the PHB with my players)

I have two questions:
    1. Do I ALSO need to buy the Monster Manual if I only intend on playing published content, not homebrew?
    2. If I have the rules that are included with Ultimate, does that mean I still need the PHB to allow my players to build characters?

Hi Boss and welcome to FG.

This post should answer all your questions; but if it doesn't post back. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eed-to-play-5e
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thank you very much, especially for your hasty reply

Blog Entries
    Mr. Z's link is very detailed. If you want a very simple explanation;
    1) No, all Monsters references in CoS are included int he FG module.
    2) No, (but you probably will want it) you can use the free included Basic Rules to create characters or you can manually create the characters from print versions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Also just to answer your first question properly, all the adventures include everything you need to run the adventure without needing anything else. In some cases there are links to other books especially the DMG but 99.9% of the material is in the adventure.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information