DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Limit on number of demo accounts connecting in your home?

Both my daughters (16 and 12) have finally agreed to try D&D with their dad.

Anyway, I have set up both of their characters today and I wanted to play on Fantasy Grounds at our home tomorrow. I have an ultimate license. I have two laptops as well my own laptop through which I dm and so we all have our own laptop. It is my understanding that a demo account should work in this situation.

Tonight I have been trying to get ready for tomorrow's game and sought to install a demo account on each of the other two laptops.

Anyway, I created a demo account on one laptop which was easy, but no matter what I do I simply cannot seem to install a second demo account on the third laptop. It just keeps opening the fantasy grounds forum site and stating "Our records show that you have already registered under the name of dmkevin. If you have lost your password, click here. If you would like to modify your profile, click here."

Surely it's the same as if demo players were playing remotely. I have cleared my name of course in seeking to install FG on the third laptop.

Can someone explain what I need to do to get this to work?

Regards,

dmkevin

DM-Kevin - Current campaign running: D&D 5.0 Tomb of Annihilation -

Indeed you would install the demo versions without any account details. If you have already tried that it may be the info is hanging around in the registry somewhere.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Just install FG on the laptop and don't put a license key or even a FG username and password. Clear all of those out if they're there already.

So your just doing a demo software install, you're not using an "account".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for all the helpful responses. It finally worked, I don't know what I did different this last time as I believe I had always deleted the license key, FG username, and password. I believe there were other failed installations that may somehow have been causing difficulties.

In any event I'll leave these laptops on all night so as not to run into further problems tomorrow.

DM-Kevin - Current campaign running: D&D 5.0 Tomb of Annihilation -

Thread Information