DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question about Custom Effects

When creating custom effects, is it possible to apply multiple benefits/penalties in a single custom effect? For example, say a player has, through class abilities, racial abilities, and equipment the following: Advantage on Initiative rolls, immune to critical, bonus damage to a creature type. Can those be put into a single "custom effect?" Also, is it possible to name those effects?

My goal for this is to be able to create a single custom effect per character to add all their combined bonuses from race/class/equipment abilities so they are easy to add to the combat tracker. Being able to name them only makes it easier to ID who it belongs to.

Blog Entries
    Yes, to some degree. Have you checked out the Wiki or the "Complete ..." series of posts that have all the class effects already defined?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

See video 8 in this series https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E

Whether you can chain effects together depends on how complex you need them to be. You can't for example have two IF effects chained since if the first is false it'll never get to the second one.

For your examples above you could have <name>; ADVINIT: IMMUNE: critical; IFT: TYPE (dragon);DMG 1d6

EDIT: Your players, of course, should be creating these effects on their actions tab (or you can do it too). Don't create them anywhere else since in some cases the effect needs to be applied from the actions tab in order to work (for example any effect with a PCTag (STR, DEX, LVL etc) needs to be applied from the actions tab of the character).
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; August 17th, 2019 at 20:29.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I had just recently found the "complete" series and they were very helpful. Thank you both for taking the time to answer something you've probably answered more than a few times, the sheets and effects are much easier to apply and keep track of.

Thread Information