DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 23 of 46 First ... 13212223242533 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    seems one needs to make a new character sheet. i see the problem with older character sheets, new ones don't appear to experience the same issues.
    That answers it! These characters are from a few versions ago. Thank you so very much for your help and a fantastic rule set!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    That answers it! These characters are from a few versions ago. Thank you so very much for your help and a fantastic rule set!!!
    Thank you. I’ll do my best to keep bringing on improvements. I’m currently trying to do a bit of an overhaul on some functions so the next update may be a while, but it should hopefully make the future process easier and reduce the amount of lines in the code (smaller file size)

I don't know if it needs improvements. My only critique would be some of the text is hard to read as it's a dark background with really dark text. Reading the headings for the reference manual are a bit difficult to see but otherwise it's a great system.

One question though, how do you handle a Xenomorph's two turns per combat? Is it automated someway or do you just manually take account of it?

Happy gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    I don't know if it needs improvements. My only critique would be some of the text is hard to read as it's a dark background with really dark text. Reading the headings for the reference manual are a bit difficult to see but otherwise it's a great system.

One question though, how do you handle a Xenomorph's two turns per combat? Is it automated someway or do you just manually take account of it?

Happy gaming!
    currently, there's no automation. i'm personally just right clicking the combat tracker to add a blank entry for name sake

Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    currently, there's no automation. i'm personally just right clicking the combat tracker to add a blank entry for name sake
    Perfect! Thank you so very much. Have a great night!

ok, so i've included a new version alongside the old version of the ruleset. I did this because you're going to lose a lot of information for characters and npc's, so this way, you can open two instances of fantasy grounds, running both versions of the ruleset, and thus make it easier to copy everything over if you wish.

the new version will make future code easier to achieve, as well as makes some improvements to various functions such as time management. for example, Time Factor has been replaced with Shift and Turn numberfields.

please let me know of any major errors with v2, if nothing is too drastic, i will move forward from that point. all further improvements will be made from the V2 (can be renamed to just "AlienRPG.pak" if you are not worried about character stats and such)

[3/18/2020 12:34:31 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [3/18/2020 12:34:31 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Ruleset Info Load (AlienRPGv2): '=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 19, position 77.

this is the error i am getting and then i dont see the game as a rule set option.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuyGraves View Post
    [3/18/2020 12:34:31 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Ruleset Info Load (AlienRPGv2): '=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 19, position 77.

this is the error i am getting and then i dont see the game as a rule set option.
    If you are merging with the old files, you must rename the AlienRPGv2.pak file to AlienRPG.pak then restart the fantasy grounds launcher. (You will lose information like character/npc stats and critical injuries, this can be recovered with some work in the campaign db file if you know what you’re doing)

If you are starting from v2, rename it to AlienRPG.pak

Otherwise the AlienRPGv2.pak file will create a separate unique ruleset not associated with the one you used in previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuyGraves View Post

Welcome to the FG forums. You're running in Unity, correct? Please mention this when reporting problems with the Unity beta test outside of the Unity forums - this helps the dev to know which flavour of FG you're using and won't waste time trying to work out what the issue is. Thanks!

I'm guessing that will be that this hasn't been designed/tested for Unity yet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums. You're running in Unity, correct? Please mention this when reporting problems with the Unity beta test outside of the Unity forums - this helps the dev to know which flavour of FG you're using and won't waste time trying to work out what the issue is. Thanks!

Hopefully the dev will come along soon and give a response - I'm guessing that will be that this hasn't been designed/tested for Unity yet.
    Ah yes, that may indeed be the issue. I have yet to get a unity copy, so I can not yet attend to any issues there.

Thread Information