FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 46 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by DaCharls View Post
    Hi I just checked and the db file and that contains no refenses to either of "abilities" or "talents". Anything I could have done wrong in the installation or startup of the campaign?
    So my main problem is how to create valid characters right now but I also checked and there is no equipment list or monsters; basically only a char sheet and dice mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by duff563 View Post
    I'll modify..will review the DB file so I know where to change... Going over the functionality with two friends that have already played multiple sessions of the Game, have several items for you...will post shortly..
    just went through my own DB to find stuff i lost. here's what i did to recover missing text and such from my talents.

using Note++ i hit ctrl+f

i then did a search for anything with "ability" (it could be "abilitylist", "char_ability" or whatever) and replaced every instance with "talent"

i then went through all my talents in my DB and changed anything that said "<text" to "<notes" and anything that said "</text>" to "</notes>" ONLY THE ONES IN THE TALENTS SECTION WHICH BEGINS SOMETHING LIKE THIS

what you want it to look like
    Code:
               <talent>
    		<category name="(General)" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
    			<id-00010>
    				<name type="string">test</name>
    				<notes type="formattedtext">
    					<p>test</p>
    				</notes>
    			</id-00010>

if you didn't change anything and have lost your entered talents, it will look like this
    what it shouldn't look like
    Code:
    <ability>
    		<category name="(General)" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
    			<id-00010>
    				<name type="string">test</name>
    				<text type="formattedtext">
    					<p>test</p>
    				</text>
    			</id-00010>

Talents are ALL back!! Working on more stuff tonight...Will let you know if anything pops up!!

NPC sheets: so far...

Strength roll errors out : Script Error: [string "strength"]:1: attempt to concatenate global 'StrengthRoll' (a nil value)
    Medical Aid roll errors out: Script Error: [string "medicalaid"]:1: attempt to index field 'empathynum' (a nil value)
    Manipulation roll errors out: Script Error: [string "manipulation"]:1: attempt to index field 'empathynum' (a nil value)
    Command roll errors out: Script Error: [string "command"]:1: attempt to index field 'empathynum' (a nil value)

NPC sheets: so far...

Strength roll errors out : Script Error: [string "strength"]:1: attempt to concatenate global 'StrengthRoll' (a nil value)
    Medical Aid roll errors out: Script Error: [string "medicalaid"]:1: attempt to index field 'empathynum' (a nil value)
    Manipulation roll errors out: Script Error: [string "manipulation"]:1: attempt to index field 'empathynum' (a nil value)
    Command roll errors out: Script Error: [string "command"]:1: attempt to index field 'empathynum' (a nil value)
    ah i know what's wrong exactly. give me a few minutes and i'll fix that right now

On the NPC sheets, should you not put Talents, Buddy, Rival and Personal Agendas as options?
    What is SPECIAL for?

On the NPC sheets, should you not put Talents, Buddy, Rival and Personal Agendas as options?
    What is SPECIAL for?
    special was for things like xenomorphs, and i couldn't find a way to label it talents/special.

i suppose i could add a new couple of text fields in there for the other options while i'm at it as well

I am using the Special area for Personal Agenda and Buddy/Rivals The Notes area at bottom is geting all NPC info and talent.. It works so don't worry for the moment...

I am using the Special area for Personal Agenda and Buddy/Rivals The Notes area at bottom is geting all NPC info and talent.. It works so don't worry for the moment...
    already done. anything else in there before i zip it up?

negative for the moment...LOL

negative for the moment...LOL
    done

Thread Information