DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 46 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by duff563 View Post
    Well crap.. I had created all the "TALENTS" in the CoreRulebook, but now are all gone. I would assume from your updates, looks to have wiped out the information!!! Gonna make a MOD file for the data and save that way going forward.. unless you want to include the information in the PAK file?
    Oh alternatively, open that DB and anything that says “ability” change to “talent” or if it says “abilities” change it to “talents”

Well crap.. I had created all the "TALENTS" in the CoreRulebook, but now are all gone. I would assume from your updates, looks to have wiped out the information!!! Gonna make a MOD file for the data and save that way going forward.. unless you want to include the information in the PAK file?

You could message me your DB file from your alien rpg campaign folder and I can try to do that for you tonight if you have trouble

I'll modify..will review the DB file so I know where to change... Going over the functionality with two friends that have already played multiple sessions of the Game, have several items for you...will post shortly..

New comments about ruleset....

1. When a failure (face hugger) is rolled, stress is not automatically added.
    2. Auto stress modifier (middle box on PC sheet) is not working from what we can tell.
    3. Damage amount on weapon is adding a +1 to roll and calculating as a success, should it not just add a die?
    4. How to push a roll - By changing the "modifier" amount in lower left corner of interface, a player can push a roll. Just put a "-" plus amount of die to remove from skill roll, then roll new skill check. Make sense?

2. Auto stress modifier (middle box on PC sheet) is not working from what we can tell.
    3. Damage amount on weapon is adding a +1 to roll and calculating as a success, should it not just add a die?
    4. How to push a roll - By changing the "modifier" amount in lower left corner of interface, a player can push a roll. Just put a "-" plus amount of die to remove from skill roll, then roll new skill check. Make sense?
    I didn’t know it was adding a stress die when a stress symbol was rolled, I’ve never been able to figure out how to get die rolls to contribute to anything else so I’ll have to check this out

I’ll have to check that stressed button again, I thought I checked that before the last update too

Which tab or whatever is the bonus adding the +1? I must have missed that in earlier changes.

ok so i couldn't replicate 1,
    i fixed 2 i think, as it was a problem with the hour changing while the toggle was on.
    3, the bonus should be what adds the die, the damage is what's your base damage, no? then you can add your successes, in which i just add all of them automatically for now since i don't know how to pull up die results yet.
    4. that's the closest i came to being able to do it. even Call of Cthulhu doesn't have one, but that's just a reroll.

HI Im getting loads of errors when creating a character, do not know what Im missing?
    Example of error:

"Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (timefactorlabel) in windowclass (charsheet)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (TimeFactor) in windowclass (charsheet)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (timefactorlabel) in windowclass (charsheet)
    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (talent : charsheet.id-00001.talentlist.id-00001)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by DaCharls View Post
    HI Im getting loads of errors when creating a character, do not know what Im missing?
    Example of error:

"Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (timefactorlabel) in windowclass (charsheet)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (TimeFactor) in windowclass (charsheet)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (timefactorlabel) in windowclass (charsheet)
    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (talent : charsheet.id-00001.talentlist.id-00001)
    "
    the anchored static height isn't a problem, usually doesn't pop up unless a red error does, like that bottom one. i'll try to fix stuff like that as i go.

as for the desktop runtime error, i'm not getting that issue but it did show up for a brief time when i changed the "abilities" into "talents". either use Note++ to replace all instances of "ability" with "talent" and anything with "abilities" with "talents" in your DB file found in your campaign folder.

alternatively, send me your DB file and i'll do that for you.

also make sure to get the newer update, to be sure things are all up to order.

Hi I just checked and the db file and that contains no refenses to either of "abilities" or "talents". Anything I could have done wrong in the installation or startup of the campaign?
    So my main problem is how to create valid characters right now but I also checked and there is no equipment list or monsters; basically only a char sheet and dice mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by DaCharls View Post
    Hi I just checked and the db file and that contains no refenses to either of "abilities" or "talents". Anything I could have done wrong in the installation or startup of the campaign?
    So my main problem is how to create valid characters right now but I also checked and there is no equipment list or monsters; basically only a char sheet and dice mechanics.
    There won’t be any lore, info or rules applied, as I do not have the rights. You will have to load in the information yourself and even make your own modules. Think of this as more of an organizer/tracker.

There are records for items (toggle button defaults to gear, can be a number of different items), npcs, vehicles, star systems, planets and colonies.

Edit: also, it’s likely the error came from the update. It’s just info floating in the void and shouldn’t show up anymore?

Thread Information