DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 46 First ... 15232425262735 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by zombielord View Post
    Been tinkering with adapting the ruleset to unity, and thought I'd share some things to adapt while you are developing for FGC. I've got it to no longer error during startup, but it doesn't render. Still they are things that could be cleaned.

[3/18/2020 12:34:31 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Ruleset Info Load (AlienRPGv2): '=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 19, position 77. Commented out the https:// announcment link
    [3/22/2020 12:28:46 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (diemod). [AlienRPGv2] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml] Added tag
    [3/22/2020 12:28:46 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (dieresult). [AlienRPGv2] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml] Added tag
    [3/22/2020 12:28:46 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading ruleset XML file. [AlienRPGv2] [campaign/record_char_talents.xml]: Name cannot begin with the '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C. Line 428, position 6. Removed extra '<'
    [3/22/2020 12:40:22 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate ruleset file. [AlienRPGv2] [campaign/template_char.xml]" Commented out that line as it wasn't in the files.
    thank you, i've included these fixes into my testing, and they will be present in the next update.

I just purchased the Alien RPG a short while ago, and was wanting to start running it, and was extremely happy to find this Rulset, Thank you so very much for all the hard work that you have put into this.

I was having a problem while learning how to use it, though, with characters and setting them as Synth/Human/NPC. When I created a new character, they are set to Synth, and I can click to change to either Human or NPC, however if you roll for a Critical Injury, it doesn't matter what tables you have set up, it will only roll on the Critical Injuries for Synthetics table.

I'm not running any extensions, this is not a character from the V1 Rulset, I have only used V2. I have also tried with multiple characters, setting it to Human, doing a /reload, shutting down, restarting, but no matter what, it only rolls on the Critical Injuries for Synthetics table.
    Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 01.52.41.png

Quote Originally Posted by grimmlock View Post
    I just purchased the Alien RPG a short while ago, and was wanting to start running it, and was extremely happy to find this Rulset, Thank you so very much for all the hard work that you have put into this.

I was having a problem while learning how to use it, though, with characters and setting them as Synth/Human/NPC. When I created a new character, they are set to Synth, and I can click to change to either Human or NPC, however if you roll for a Critical Injury, it doesn't matter what tables you have set up, it will only roll on the Critical Injuries for Synthetics table.

I'm not running any extensions, this is not a character from the V1 Rulset, I have only used V2. I have also tried with multiple characters, setting it to Human, doing a /reload, shutting down, restarting, but no matter what, it only rolls on the Critical Injuries for Synthetics table.
    Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 01.52.41.png
    Does it do it if you add the character to the combat tracker? I’m going to have to check this after work.

Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    Does it do it if you add the character to the combat tracker? I’m going to have to check this after work.
    Added the character to the combat tracker, same results.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 07.10.12.png

It does appear to be only for manual rolls from the character sheet. As long as the character is in the Combat Tracker and then if you drop the health all the way to zero the correct table is rolled on.
    Last edited by grimmlock; March 25th, 2020 at 12:22.

Although, it is only for manual rolls. If you take the health all the way down to zero, then when it automatically rolls for critical injury, it's on the correct table.
    Ok I’ll try to repair that later today. Thank you.

It does appear to be only for manual rolls from the character sheet. As long as the character is in the Combat Tracker and then if you drop the health all the way to zero the correct table is rolled on.
    Should be fixed now, appears to work and didn't find any new issues to come up yet.

Thought I'd drop a message here. I found Alien rpg is currently 50% off to help those stuck at home. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...-Core-Rulebook
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

AlienRPG Space Theme

V0.1
    * I've converted / created some new fonts based on Laconic, and Nova Square fonts
    (https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/laconic)
    (https://blogfonts.com/nova-square.font)

* Created some variable brightness with those fonts to add emphasis and improve readabiltiy, changed the storytext background to be
    * Created a new default desktop background
    * Created New logo decals for the desktop.
    * Create option to change those decals.
    * Changed text background to semi-transparent green for "Library" texts.

V0.2
    * I fixed a graphic error for the desktop background image
    * Removed modifier box from the desktop
    * Moved the default d6 dice location
    * Moved the default dice pool location
    * Moved all the default custom setting dice locations
    * Created New sidebar image that shows computer-like sections
    * Created new GM monochrome green monitor icon inspired by the Semiotic Standard icon for "Computer"
    (Semiotic Standard is based on the glyphs from the Alien movie)
    * Changed text background to nearly opaque black for "Library" texts.
    (Was the preferred color to fit the theme and had better readability when I asked my players).

Click here to open Google Drive, and then Download the .ext file and place that file in your Fantasy Grounds Extensions folder
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zombielord; April 3rd, 2020 at 19:08.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

found a couple of bugs after playing today, I THINK I fixed them, though I'm not completely sure as I couldn't replicate some after my players had left, even if I used a second instance of fantasy grounds.

i had kept getting errors about timelimit, thirsty, hungry, sleepy, cold, but only while my players were there. nothing else caused the issue again. let me know if this is fixed and if it screws anything up. sorry for leaving it like that so long.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuyGraves View Post
    [3/18/2020 12:34:31 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [3/18/2020 12:34:31 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Ruleset Info Load (AlienRPGv2): '=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 19, position 77.

this is the error i am getting and then i dont see the game as a rule set option.
    Faulty line
    <announcement text="TUTORIAL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrwy-EGyVJ4&t=0s" icon="mutant_year_zero_logo" font="systemfont" />

If you change it with "https://youtu.be/Zrwy-EGyVJ4" it does not complain anymore.

Thread Information