STAR TREK 2d20
Page 46 of 46 First ... 36444546
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    Official rule set?
    Check the store.

<Extreme Hudson shouting during drop>: "Yeeeeeeehooooooouuuuuuuu"
    I bash.

Does it have anything like what Priest developed here with the shift/time/travel tracker?

What’s your overall impression so far aside from the pre-uploaded content?

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    Does it have anything like what Priest developed here with the shift/time/travel tracker?

What’s your overall impression so far aside from the pre-uploaded content?
    I don't see any time tracking capabilities.

Overall it seems pretty good. I mean the original is great too so it's nice that there is choice on what to have. I think Priest's rule set is fantastic and works wonderfully. They have different visual styles. I like the circular attributes/skills of Priest's character sheet. I think it will come down to if you don't care about having the book's contents in FG or you've already entered it then stay with Priest's rule set. If you want the content and haven't entered it or all of it then the paid for one is great too.

I don't think there's a wrong one to use, both are fantastic from what I can see, but full disclosure is I've only run a session using Priest's ruleset and have only clicked around in the new one. I might have an Alien game November 7 so could try the new one and see how that goes at that time

I'd heard rumors about an official ALIEN RPG coming and wondered when it would hit. Since so much was already done here (Priests' awesome work, and some of my minor contributions on UI and bugfixes) and I've already converted the books it leaves me to debate on trying the official one out since this was so well fleshed out. I suppose I might just to see if I want to try and port anything over.
    Last edited by zombielord; October 16th, 2020 at 14:22.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Just purchased the official ruleset. There's things I like and things I miss, and I'm definitely gonna have to modify the theme ( I don't like all the scan lines going through everything).

I do miss the planets, colonies, and star systems tabs, and the lack of time tracking and it's automation

I do like the different character sheet and some of the its automation, and having the books already made is a benefit if you don't want to make your own.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by zombielord View Post
    Just purchased the official ruleset. There's things I like and things I miss, and I'm definitely gonna have to modify the theme ( I don't like all the scan lines going through everything).

I do miss the planets, colonies, and star systems tabs, and the lack of time tracking and it's automation

I do like the different character sheet and some of the its automation, and having the books already made is a benefit if you don't want to make your own.
    Thanks for the feedback. The first release is focused on the core mechanics and content. During development we had various configurations on the sheets, libraries and automation levels, but during playtests certain things were put on hold as there were mixed reception or prevented alternative usage of the ruleset.

This does not mean that no enhancement will be made! The plan is to have thread for suggestions and enhancements proposals that will make into the game. After all, this is living entity and no ruleset started the same way they are today
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. The first release is focused on the core mechanics and content. During development we had various configurations on the sheets, libraries and automation levels, but during playtests certain things were put on hold as there were mixed reception or prevented alternative usage of the ruleset.

This does not mean that no enhancement will be made! The plan is to have thread for suggestions and enhancements proposals that will make into the game. After all, this is living entity and no ruleset started the same way they are today
    Awesome to hear! Looking forward to it, and don't get me wrong, it's an excellent job done already.
    Ultimate License Holder

Hello,

Thank you for all your hard work on this. I had a question.
    Is this only for Standard FG?

When I load it in Unity, the menu side bar is all blank. I can't select the calendar to set it up because it doesn't exist (see attached image).
    2022-10-21_12h20_09.jpg

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

I don't think this ruleset is supported any longer (which was initially posted 3 years ago); as the official publisher version with all the books is being sold by the publisher via the FG store.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...ENRPGFLFALE002

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information