DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is anyone playing East Texas University?

Hey everyone!
    I'm new to Fantasy Grounds, but I have run several Savage Worlds one-shots and played in a few as well. I am interested in joining an ETU campaign. Are there any out there currently?
    Thanks for any help!

While you might end up finding someone at your university through this forum, I can almost guarantee you that you will have much better luck through school specific sites. Your student union may have a RPG club affiliated with it, so checking with them may be a good idea. Also, check facebook. Most schools end up having official pages and often there are new student groups/pages that get formed where you can connect with others who have similar interests. Reddit may also be a way to go. Meetup.com is also something you may want to check out if you want to find a local group. Best of luck finding a group that works for you.

Hey! Thank you for the advice, but I believe there was a miscommunication.

I meant the Savage Worlds horror setting called East Texas University. I think I had better edit the title of the thread.

I really appreciate you taking the time to pass along some advice though.

In my experience there aren't so many Savage Worlds games advertised on here. Your best bet, imo, is to get on the Fantasy Grounds Discord server in the Savage Worlds section and/or go over to the Savage Worlds rule set section of this message board and start chatting with people who play the system. You'll get leads on games that way I think.

While I'm not currently running one, I did run a pretty long ETU game using Degrees of Horror as a base with a few add ins here and there. It was a lot of fun, hope you find a group, I highly recommend it. ETU works pretty well in FG as well, just need supplemental maps here and there but there are lots of college dorm floor plans and modern maps all over the net so that is helpful.
    Last edited by esmdev; August 17th, 2019 at 15:46. Reason: Evil spell check errors

Savage Worlds may be the 3rd most played ruleset on FG, but it is such a distant third, that finding games or players is much more difficult. Add to that the fact that you are interested in a specific setting and I hate to break it to you, but the prospects aren't great. The best advice is to offer to GM the game and hope there is enough interest to get a group, but if you are just hoping to luck into an ETU game as a player, it's probably not going to happen. If you are open to playing other settings, you may be able to find a group that might consider playing ETU once the current campaign wraps up.

Awesome! Thanks, I'm going to try that .

Along with Discord, also try the Savage Worlds Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UnofficialSavageWorlds

Thread Information