DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    To be honest, I used to use a small hand held whiteboard in my tabletop games to show rooms and such and it worked pretty well. When I started using ETU/Savage Worlds adventures in FG I was surprised how few if any maps existed, and I knew about the lack of maps in many traveller adventures, so I created a large blank white image, threw a grid on it and just draw freestyle maps on it real-time in the game. It is about as ugly as you can get cause I'm no artist, but it works well enough to track combat while working as a whatever, wherever tool.

So any maps you add are greatly appreciated.
    Yea agree with you, the 1E and older Traveller editions including MegaTraveller, 2300AD etc, I used to draw them myself ahead of time. I'll be reading up Reach Adventure 3 and 4 next week, see if they require any more maps (they contain some, not sure if they're suitable for players) and so I'll get Tim to create some more hopefully.

I'm finishing up stuff on Vampire this weekend, then it's nothing but Traveller and Call of Cthulhu upto Christmas, after that it's RuneQuest and Traveller.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

In case you guys are interested, this map site is a good tool. you can click on a sector, zoom in, and it will give ou print friendly info about the sector or system you want. I use it a lot.

https://travellermap.com/?p=-7.836!-20.664!2.6

Happy Gaming!
    FG Ultimate License Holder!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."
    Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    In case you guys are interested, this map site is a good tool. you can click on a sector, zoom in, and it will give ou print friendly info about the sector or system you want. I use it a lot.

https://travellermap.com/?p=-7.836!-20.664!2.6

Happy Gaming!
    It's an ace site, Matt Sprange at Mongoose put me in touch with the chap who runs the project, alas I can't help out, it's all .NET on IIS. These days I'm NodeJS on AWS.

But if anyone else has ASP.NET and time go help

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Dear MadBeardMan,

In the past 8 weeks my group has played around 20 sessions (split between 2 referees, I run on Thursday and Sunday and my roommate runs on Saturdays, and a third is likely to take my Sunday spot) between 3-5 hours each with 4-5 characters in play including a psion in one of the campaigns. My roommate ran Reach Adventure 1-2 before deciding to run Drinax. I'm mostly running a custom campaign and the world system is working nicely for that.

The reason I bring this up is to let you know that the Traveller 2E ruleset is rocking for us. We find little things that I report and are looking forward to the big things coming in the future but it is presently doing what we absolutely need to successfully run our games.

Figured you might like to know how things are working on the end-user side of things.

So hats off to you, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Dear MadBeardMan,

In the past 8 weeks my group has played around 20 sessions (split between 2 referees, I run on Thursday and Sunday and my roommate runs on Saturdays, and a third is likely to take my Sunday spot) between 3-5 hours each with 4-5 characters in play including a psion in one of the campaigns. My roommate ran Reach Adventure 1-2 before deciding to run Drinax. I'm mostly running a custom campaign and the world system is working nicely for that.

The reason I bring this up is to let you know that the Traveller 2E ruleset is rocking for us. We find little things that I report and are looking forward to the big things coming in the future but it is presently doing what we absolutely need to successfully run our games.

Figured you might like to know how things are working on the end-user side of things.

So hats off to you, Sir.
    Thanks chap, and thanks for posting this and on the other threas. I play my game in my way, so unless people speak up I don't know what focus people want. Me, I'm looking very forward to ship combat and it will happen, but things need to be done at Smiteworks first (or I need to do it all myself), I also need to adhere to what Mongoose would like to see done. Central Supply Catalogue is close, I'm doing bullets and ammunitiion at the moment, so thinking how to get that working.

My current thinking is that we have an icon next to a weapon, which we click and it opens up a pop-up window.

In that window we have the damage, the damage type, ammunition type (which you can drag and drop that in) and magazine size.

This fits the work for the update of the armour on which damage types it protects etc.

Cheers,
    MBM

I am not sure how this would work on the coding end but maybe ammunition modifiers could be written as an effect applied to the weapon depending on what ammunition is loaded. Then the weapon does the work (modifierwise) and ammunition just gets subtracted from whatever is being used. Maybe a note in chat saying magazine changed so people remember to expend the minor action.

Hi, i purchased the module today and is great.

But, i dont find if there is any kind of sheet to manage ships?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenderr View Post
    Hi, i purchased the module today and is great.

But, i dont find if there is any kind of sheet to manage ships?
    Hi. At the moment most people are using the notes feature. There is a ship sheet coming but will mostly just have fields to keep records.

The major ship system will come with the High Guard expansion that will be developed after Central Supply Catalog which is currently in the pipeline.

It is an unfortunate decision that Mongoose decided to remove the ship systems from the core rules and put them in a supplement.

Hello MadBeardMan,

Our first session under our belt, the group I am running wonder if you could create a space on their character sheet where they can keep track of their training programs (learning a skill during downtime). Pen and Paper character sheets often have a space dedicated to keeping track of the number of weeks that a character has studied a skill before they make their EDU roll.

Skill (that they are learning): Skill level (wishing to achieve):
    Number of weeks (required learning the skill): Number of weeks to go (before they roll their EDU):
    Number of Study Periods Completed:

That would be helpful but not pressing.

One of the players noticed that there were not armour mods or weapon enhancements in the items list even though they are in the book. He was able to add them manually but would like to see them coded.

There already is a Study Period element on the Skills tab.

Thread Information