5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Data Breach

Data Breach

I just got a e-mail, from the former company I used for a VTT, stating they had a data breach and my info is no longer secure. What are the people at Fantasy Grounds actively doing to protect us all from this happening here? Just Curious...

Defense in depth please

Blog Entries
    To clarify, I assume you mean the Data Breach for Roll20 that was announced last February and that the Orr Group published the completion of their investigation this week?

I will say that we all should be using unique passwords on each website/account we use rather than a standard password on all sites.

Will have to let SmiteWorks reply to what they are doing, but just wanted to make sure no one was confused that the data breach might have affected FG accounts.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

See details from the Smiteworks president here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post426411
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

hmmm hopefully someone from smite works is able to answer this question with some current information. I have put a lot of money into this system and would hate to lose it all since we are not protected.
    Last edited by bukkyo; August 13th, 2019 at 23:41. Reason: Because

Quote Originally Posted by bukkyo View Post
    An old statement from 2008? (11 years ago) hmmm hopefully someone from smite works is able to answer this question with some current information.
    The post Trenloe linked is 5 months old.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by bukkyo View Post
    An old statement from 2008? (11 years ago) hmmm hopefully someone from smite works is able to answer this question with some current information.
    That post is from February this year (2019).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

yeah I see that but this seems to be a thing now. I just want peace of mind

and I edited my post to what I had said

and good job quoting a post that I edited like 10 seconds later LOL

Thread Information