5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Few questions I didn't find answers to

Some of these might not be D&D 5e specific but since most probably are, I'll ask them all here:

1. Is it possible to automate regeneration at the beginning of one's turn? Death saving throw is automated in a such way so I was wondering if there is a syntax for it.
    2. How can I add mask to an unmasked area?
    3. What does the "Magic" check box mean exactly in abilities?
    4. Is there a way to add scale / distance to maps?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetco View Post
    Some of these might not be D&D 5e specific but since most probably are, I'll ask them all here:

1. Is it possible to automate regeneration at the beginning of one's turn? Death saving throw is automated in a such way so I was wondering if there is a syntax for it.
    2. How can I add mask to an unmasked area?
    3. What does the "Magic" check box mean exactly in abilities?
    4. Is there a way to add scale / distance to maps?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.
    1. Yes, for creatures with the regeneration trait like a Troll, its added automatically when the NPC is added to the combat tracker. You can also add it by adding an effect "REGEN: 1d6" where they regain 1d6 hp each round.
    2. With masking, you can hold down CTRL while drawing to remask an area. you can also hold down SHIFT to draw the unmask freehand, so you are not limited to a rectangle.
    3. The magic checkbox indicates whether or not the source of the power is magical in nature. this affects certain NPC resistances to non-magical sources of damage.
    4. Battle-maps should always have a grid enabled. in 5e, the default grid size is 5 feet. so draw a grid, and then when you add tokens they will be scaled properly. if you need to know the distance between things, you can use a temporary pointer, by holding down the left and right mouse buttons and drawing a line. The temporary pointer will disappear once you start drawing another one. If you need a more permanent one you can right click on the map, select Pointers and select line. that one will not go away until you delete it.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    1. Yes, for creatures with the regeneration trait like a Troll, its added automatically when the NPC is added to the combat tracker. You can also add it by adding an effect "REGEN: 1d6" where they regain 1d6 hp each round.Thanks, I knew there should be one.
    2. With masking, you can hold down CTRL while drawing to remask an area. you can also hold down SHIFT to draw the unmask freehand, so you are not limited to a rectangle.I could have sworn I tried CTRL held down. Anyway, thanks.
    3. The magic checkbox indicates whether or not the source of the power is magical in nature. this affects certain NPC resistances to non-magical sources of damage.So is it the same as typing "magic" as the damage type in the damage text box? Also, does this work with magic resistance (saves) also?
    4. Battle-maps should always have a grid enabled. in 5e, the default grid size is 5 feet. so draw a grid, and then when you add tokens they will be scaled properly. if you need to know the distance between things, you can use a temporary pointer, by holding down the left and right mouse buttons and drawing a line. The temporary pointer will disappear once you start drawing another one. If you need a more permanent one you can right click on the map, select Pointers and select line. that one will not go away until you delete it.
    Sorry, I was very unclear. What I meant is, is there a way to set distance in the settings of the map so I don't have to have grid enabled. This would be useful with actual maps of cities etc. Also if I need to have the grid on, how can I adjust the scale (1 square = 5'') to fit the scale of the map (which could be 1 square = 800 m for example)?

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I was very unclear. What I meant is, is there a way to set distance in the settings of the map so I don't have to have grid enabled. This would be useful with actual maps of cities etc. Also if I need to have the grid on, how can I adjust the scale (1 square = 5'') to fit the scale of the map (which could be 1 square = 800 m for example)?
    No. You would need to put a scale on the map image itself (i.e. a visually scale bar, not a technical one). As for changing the scale of the grod, their might be a community extension that changes the assumption of the grid size, but not sure, no way to change it in FG itself.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; August 13th, 2019 at 14:20.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

FG has no idea the scale of the map unless there is a grid drawn. You can use a visual scale bar as LordEntrails said to visually show the scale but that wont help with measuring. There is an extension https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sion-(CoreRPG) that lets you adjust the scale of the grid, but I dont know if it goes up quite that high. something you can try anyway.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

1. What does the "Magic" check box mean exactly in abilities?
    The magic checkbox is there so that you can indicate that the item is magical. This is not the same as adding the magic damage type to a weapon but rather for indication that an item has magical properties. Certain creatures have resistance to magic and get advantage on their saving throws; so FG needs to know that whatever is coming their way is magical in order to handle that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information