5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Script Error while trying to add spells to NPC Innate Spells list

So pretty straight forward question, using the 5e Ruleset, trying to drag and drop a spell from my spell list into a new NPC's Innate Spells list in the NPC character sheet and i get the following error

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_campaigndata2.lua"]:449: attempt to concatenate local 'nDaily' (a nil value)

it then puts the spell into the spells list (not Innate Spells) while creating a blank entry in the Innate Spell list. Was wondering if anyone could shine some light on that one for me, I have a feeling reading the error its throwing it has something to do with uses per day but other than that i have no idea.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums.

Are you using any extensions? Can you include a screen shot of your chat window right after starting your campaign?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sure thing, here we go
    fresh load of campaign.jpg

and here we are with the console open (the blank npc was just to show the error quickly, error code is the same even with a populated NPC)
    With Console open.jpg

As far as extentions, Im running the custom logo but all the rest of the bits and bobs have been created in campaign and i hadn't noticed any issues previously
    Last edited by G3Gaming; August 13th, 2019 at 15:00.

Welcome to the FG forums!

You may want to look at the guidelines in the Wiki for creating a NPC. See this section (specifically the second last bullet point): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...eate_a_new_NPC
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here's a slightly better link to the Wiki where you can see how to add spellcasting and Innate spellcasting traits to NPCs. Hint: don't drag spells in.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ffects_on_NPCs
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Depending on your needs, using Engineer Suite to create a bestiary module might be a better way to go.
    Give me a shout on the Discord channel if you want to chat about it.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

See thats interesting because I tried inputting directly as the wiki lays out and it wasnt populating anything in the innate spellcasting list, hmmm i will have another look at it, im sure ive created NPC's with innate spellcasting via drag and drop before but perhaps im mistaken.

Maasq i had a quick look at Engineer Suite, and it looks pretty interesting, I will probably check that out when i can take a few minutes to learn a new system of entry (I am prepping 2 different campaigns of my own this week, and helping 3 other new DM's world building and session prep for the next month.

Blog Entries
    The spellcasting traits only parse the spells when the NPC is xx is done. I know it happens when the NPC is added to the Combat TRacker, but I think the spell list has to be empty (not the spell casting trait). FG might also re-parse the traits when the NPC is saved to the library and re-opened, but again I think all the spells have to be empty. i.e. try deleting all the spells from the actions list, update the trait to list all spells, then re-open and add to CT.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Spells are populated a) once the NPC is closed and re-opened or b) when added to the CT.

As LE says if there are spells already in the NPC sheet and you want to amend the spell list then all current spells should be deleted from the NPC before closing and re-opening it. Also of course you need to have the resources (such as the SRD or PHB) that the spells come from open as well.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for reporting. I'll put on my list to fix for the next patch.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information