5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    How big are these maps (resolution and size) and are they .jpg files?
    The maps are

LEVEL DIMENSIONS FILE SIZE
    DOTMM Lvl 1 2265x3045 1.5 MB
    DOTMM Lvl 2 2265x3030 1.6 MB

They are both JPGs.

The masks are PNGs 20k-30k.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Is the GM computer on Wifi? If so please try improving its signal/reception and/or try with a LAN cable.
    Have a look at what AV or Security products might be running on the GM computer and try disabling them for 15mins while you test?
    My computer is physically connected via ethernet to the network. Also, my connection is 155mbps at the computer according to a speed test. I turned off the antivirus program and firewall temporarily to check and unfortunately, the issue persisted.

Okay, Draco and I narrowed down the problem a little more. We tested the problem several times and it has these properties.

- Snyc view doesn't affect the issue
    - The mask works appropriately when the player is logged in and viewing the map while the GM unmasks sections.
    - If the player logs out and then logs back in, the mask fails to show the previously unlocked sections and will only show newly unmasked sections by the GM. On the GM side, there is continuity between previously unmasked areas and subsequent unmasked areas.
    - The correct mask is in the masked images folder for the player but is not being loaded into the player's side.

This is great troubleshooting and analysis of the issue!

Thanks so much for spending the time to work this out.

I've messaged the main dev about this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B3hodlr View Post
    - If the player logs out and then logs back in, the mask fails to show the previously unlocked sections and will only show newly unmasked sections by the GM. On the GM side, there is continuity between previously unmasked areas and subsequent unmasked areas.
    I've seen this as well. Thought it was intended/known functionality. I have not tested it, but thought that is a Sync view was done or another portion of the mask was updated (added/removed) that then all players were updated.

Will be good to have the devs take a closer look.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by B3hodlr View Post
    Okay, Draco and I narrowed down the problem a little more. We tested the problem several times and it has these properties.
    This is consistent with what we saw on Friday. The player who had the issue had previously lost connection due to a system crash.

Just an update to this issue in case others seem to be struggling with something similar. We seem to have fixed it.

I noted in the console log that some files were failing to be received from the GM server.

Network Warning: Download error for file 'thumbnail.png@The Tortle Package - Player'; connecting to host; Retrying.
    Network Warning: Download error for file 'campaign/temp/mask_snapshot_Draco_1566778806'; connecting to host; Retrying.
    Network Warning: Download error for file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Draco_1566778807'; connecting to host; Retrying.
    Network Warning: Download error for file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Draco_1566779024'; connecting to host; Retrying.

We suspected one of two issues. 1. Permissions had been corrupted and these files were not being read or 2. The number of images in DOTMM was triggering the router's flood protection and the router was automatically denying requests from certain client ports. If the client requested the mask from the same port each time, then all requests for the mask would have been blocked.

The GM and Players reset permissions for the FG directory and sub-directories and the GM also reset port forwarding. We aren't sure which change fixed the issue. But it appears to be fixed.

How to fix the issue of players not being able to see the map, due to masking.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco Oricalcinus View Post
    Just an update to this issue in case others seem to be struggling with something similar. We seem to have fixed it.

I noted in the console log that some files were failing to be received from the GM server.

Network Warning: Download error for file 'thumbnail.png@The Tortle Package - Player'; connecting to host; Retrying.
    Network Warning: Download error for file 'campaign/temp/mask_snapshot_Draco_1566778806'; connecting to host; Retrying.
    Network Warning: Download error for file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Draco_1566778807'; connecting to host; Retrying.
    Network Warning: Download error for file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Draco_1566779024'; connecting to host; Retrying.

We suspected one of two issues. 1. Permissions had been corrupted and these files were not being read or 2. The number of images in DOTMM was triggering the router's flood protection and the router was automatically denying requests from certain client ports. If the client requested the mask from the same port each time, then all requests for the mask would have been blocked.

The GM and Players reset permissions for the FG directory and sub-directories and the GM also reset port forwarding. We aren't sure which change fixed the issue. But it appears to be fixed.
    That's Great! We've been struggling with this issue the last two sessions. The first session, only one player was affected; last session it was two. Can you please explain to me how to do the two fixes you mentioned? I'm not a very tech-savvy guy.

Psych

Quote Originally Posted by PsychPhantom View Post
    That's Great! We've been struggling with this issue the last two sessions. The first session, only one player was affected; last session it was two. Can you please explain to me how to do the two fixes you mentioned? I'm not a very tech-savvy guy.

Psych
    There could be a number of reasons for this happening and the first thing to check would be how much memory your players are using whilst in your campaign. If it is close to or exceeding 3Gb then the issue is too much shared material. To fix that close all unnecessary shared modules, unshare any un-needed maps and images and make sure that there are no tokens ion the tokens/shared folder. Once you have done that and before they rejoin your campaign get your players to nuke their cache by clicking on the nuke button at the top right of the join screen.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information