FG Spreadshirt Swag

Renaming the .ext: will it still hold together?

If I simply wanted to change the graphic assets within an extension, essentially reskinning it, but at the same time wanted to use the original for other games; would it be enough to simply rename the .ext file of the reskinned version or are there interdependencies within the .ext itself that rely on the file name being consistent throughout its contents?

My intuition says that as long as I don't change the names of the .png and .jpg within, the infrastructure and scripting is intact, but...you know, zero scripting skills so I thought I'd learn from others!

Quote Originally Posted by Lillhans View Post
    If I simply wanted to change the graphic assets within an extension, essentially reskinning it, but at the same time wanted to use the original for other games; would it be enough to simply rename the .ext file of the reskinned version or are there interdependencies within the .ext itself that rely on the file name being consistent throughout its contents?

My intuition says that as long as I don't change the names of the .png and .jpg within, the infrastructure and scripting is intact, but...you know, zero scripting skills so I thought I'd learn from others!
    It depends upon the Extension. The DOEs, for example, do rely on the name both intra-extension and inter-extension. Short of getting the go-ahread from the other Extension Authors, the only way to see is to try it out.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Rulesets inherit the name of the packed/ziped file or the folder name for unpacked rulesets.

Extensions and Modules are named within the Extension/Module XML.

Thanks! Giving it a swing, then: wanted to prep my 2d20 Mutant Chronicles catalogue but it seemed too out of place with the Conan modified extension for MoreCore.

Well, it all checked out: once more, thanks for the feedback.

Thread Information