DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Spell Saves not working

Hello,

I'm unclear what the issue is, but I can't get any spell save that uses a Type: Base to work properly. That is to say if I create a brand new person on a brand new server with no extensions (tried this, already) and for example give the guy Breath Weapon, the pre-formatted code does not work (e.g. Type: Base, DC 8+Ability (Con) + Prof). You can see on the attached photo that it's coded exactly how it should be, but no joy.

I started a different server with yet another new character and added all the requisite cast and damage info (again, as in the attachment), but still no love. I see the Save info populate, but when you click to roll the die, it shows a result of 10 (no die is rolled)--and I've done this about 10 times with the same result.

Snap5.png

Did the latest release break spell saves of this type--specifically with Base? If anyone can see the error in my thinking or offer any advice on how to fix it, I'd be super grateful!

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Is this for table tennis or ping pong?

Please do include the ruleset and the versions of CoreRPG and Ruleset as shown in the Chat Window and do please post in the specific ruleset subforum.
    Last edited by damned; August 11th, 2019 at 04:05.

My apologies for posting in here. It seemed to be a technical problem while I was running fantasy grounds, and looking through some of the other forum posts, I see a mishmash of topics. Additionally, the forum for 5e has a tagline of "Discussion of the D&D 5e rules within FG" which didn't sound as appropriate a place to place a technical support question, but I can go there, sorry about that.

And the rulesets identified are:
    5E ruleset v3.3.8 for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    and
    CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.8 for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

But I'll post in 5e. Thanks for the feedback.

Blog Entries
    Its all good - mostly it was that you didnt identify what system you were using.
    The House of Healing is generally for technical issues with the platform rather than specific issues with one ruleset.
    I already moved this post to 5E

Blog Entries
    The "Base" is defined by the group. Click on the magnifying glass to the right of the 'Spells (Cantrips)' line and set what the spell base is for that group.

Personally, I would put the Breath weapon in a group called "Racial Traits" and then set the BAse for the racial traits accordingly.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm not seeing this. Go into your FGData folder (Click the small folder icon top right of the start screen) and find the rulesets folder. In there find and delete the CoreRPG.pak and 5e.pak files and then update FG to see if that fixes your issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not seeing this. Go into your FGData folder (Click the small folder icon top right of the start screen) and find the rulesets folder. In there find and delete the CoreRPG.pak and 5e.pak files and then update FG to see if that fixes your issue.
    I don't know how or why, but that was the fix I needed. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtrap View Post
    I don't know how or why, but that was the fix I needed. Thank you!
    Jolly Good
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information