STAR TREK 2d20

Defeated markers issue

I've never had a problem with the blood splatters before today's session. With the option for Maps: defeated markers set to On, the blood splatter that appears on the map after removing a token from the CT (regardless of whether the delete button or radial menu option is used) now has a pop up label for the defeated marker that shows up when the blood spatter is hovered over; however, the problem is that any other token that gets placed in the same square, PC or NPC, friend or foe, can no longer be moved, targeted, have attacks or damage dice dropped on them, etc. The only way to resolve the issue was to remove the impacted token from the CT, re-add it, and place them back on the map in a different location. I ended up turning off the option so that no more of these defeated tokens were created when removing a combatant from the CT, but any that were already on the map remained. In some post session testing, the defeated markers and blood splatters no longer appear after the game is shut down (either exit or exit to launcher) and restarted. Not sure what has changed, but it makes option unusable.

I noted that same issue when we played Savage Saltmarsh last Friday...same exact issue in fact. The blood spatters make it so that any token placed there can't be moved.

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

We had the same problem last week, and it was our first time ever running into it. Fortunately one of our players could somehow get the token name to tooltip and they were able to move them away for me.

Same issue with several games over the past few days. We just end up clearing the blood splats, but miss the older no tooltip blood splats .

Same issue with our campaign again last night. It is odd how random players can select a PC and others cannot... So, I just turn off map token lock and ask one of the PCs to move the token that I cannot move. Then I re-lock the tokens...

Something must have happened in FG engine how transparent tokens and bitmap sprits are handled. I will have to check this out myself.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

FYI, I am able to reproduce the issue and think I know the cause, however I am not able to fix it. In essence Defeated Markers feature is not compatible with v3.3.8. I have contacted SmiteWorks about it and will figure out what we can do. Meanwhile, unfortunately, you should disable this feature from options view because it is blocking normal use when tokens move to the same space as defeated markers.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

I suspected as much. Thanks for the update!

Thanks to Smiteworks, test channel has fix for the issue at the very moment. The fix will be part of upcoming SavageWorlds 5.1 (including SWD) which is still in development but available if you switch to use Test Mode.

Found a workaround. If you enable name labels for your tokens, often you can select the creature token by carefully hovering over the label (the splatter doesn't have that) and move the token. Again, it's not ideal, but it's repeatable for me.

Thread Information