DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456

Creating a new event "Hunt for Thessalhydra" for Saturday, November 9th from 3 pm to 7 pm est. (1900 to 2300 utc I believe). Submitted for review but the times seem to keep changing when I save it as a draft. The minimum number (3) of players also is not showing up on the 'preview'. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Achernar22 View Post
    Creating a new event "Hunt for Thessalhydra" for Saturday, November 9th from 3 pm to 7 pm est. (1900 to 2300 utc I believe). Submitted for review but the times seem to keep changing when I save it as a draft. The minimum number (3) of players also is not showing up on the 'preview'. Any suggestions?
    Thanks for running an event at FG Con 15!

You were putting minimum/maximum players and start/end time in the individual bookings/registration entry. You don't put those there as that controls availability of the booking and how many bookings can be made by each person. This is covered in the GM event guidelines linked in post #50.

I've edited the event and published it. Please check that is looks OK.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you. Looks good.

For those who want to incorporate FG-Con 15 into their a signature, the attached txt file gives the code I used in my own signature. (A reasonable stop-gap in damned's absence...)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; October 15th, 2019 at 03:02.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Blog Entries
    Just a reminder that if you are running 5e and you need pregenerated characters, I converted the example WoTC characters (16 different ones) from levels 1-10. It can be found here:

https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?...iate_id=229540

Anyone using these for FG Con can feel free to use without and guilt for the "Pay What it is Worth". If you do feel guilty :-), the one that is closest to achieving "copper" status is the High Elf (just 1 more paid sale to go) but most of them are in the high 40's.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Any advice on recruiting new players to D&D for FGCon? I'd like to run the one shot with brand new players interested in trying it out for the first time. I figured running the Stranger Things 'Hunt for Thessalhydra' would help. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Achernar22 View Post
    Any advice on recruiting new players to D&D for FGCon? I'd like to run the one shot with brand new players interested in trying it out for the first time. I figured running the Stranger Things 'Hunt for Thessalhydra' would help. Thanks!
    Hi Achernar, see my post on advertising and FG-Con publicity here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post457154

Reddit has a 5e forum with a massive following, and a search for "LFP", "LFG" and "Stranger Things" turns up plenty of hits (so people are recruiting there and curious about the game you're running). https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/ I haven't tooled around Discord but no doubt there's popular forums there, too, where a post might attract interest.

I posted one brief invite post here on the reddit forum to a Stranger Things thread linking to your game. It'd be worth posting another post there too directly inviting people.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Blog Entries
    super cool in offering these up for FG-Con ... thanks a bunch!

FG-Con GM tip to reduce the likelihood of no-show players*:

Now's a good time for FG-Con GMs (if you haven't already) to email your players to confirm whether the game is moving forward, share the Discord server, game requirements, and all prep involved in your specific game.

This is important to reduce no-shows and to engage players early for a better game session. Past experience teaches that communication, communication, communication is the best medicine to prevent players forgetting, or assuming the game is cancelled, or getting distracted by some shiny object that isn't your game. And "communication" really means emails directly to your players, which you received from your booking messages from the FG-Con website.

In case it's helpful, here's an excerpt I used today in my own confirmation emails:

A few housekeeping matters:

• The session is going ahead
    • We'll be using the Fantasy Grounds Discord Server https://discord.gg/VKbhkSt
    • Players will need to have Fantasy Grounds and Discord installed
    • Please be sure to have tested your headset/mic and to set it to push-to-talk.
    • Please confirm by email (reply here) that you're attending
    • Please communicate anything else that is relevant (any special requirements)

*All of this advice is originally from Trenloe and damned--I'm just the messenger (aka plagiarizer).

Thread Information