DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    I run a Ryzen 7 8 core/16 thread with 32 gig ram - 512 gig m.2 main drive and a 2 tb drive (4 1 tb SSD's in raid 10) with a ati 580 8gb graphics card. I still have occasions where the program will 'lag out' on me - there are some bottlenecks - especially when opening or closing the program.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
    I run a Ryzen 7 8 core/16 thread with 32 gig ram - 512 gig m.2 main drive and a 2 tb drive (4 1 tb SSD's in raid 10) with a ati 580 8gb graphics card. I still have occasions where the program will 'lag out' on me - there are some bottlenecks - especially when opening or closing the program.
    Yep, because performance is complex. In part because only 1 of those cores is being used and during open/close a lot of what is happening is disk reads and is not bounded by processor speed, graphics card or RAM.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Ok thanks to all of you for the replies. This thread was helpful.
    I have an 8700K which is watercooled and overclocked to 4.9ghz.
    I also have 32 gigs of Corsair PC3200 memory
    A 256g M.2 drive for windows, 2 -500 gig Samsung Evo 850s for games/Fantasy grounds, a 6 terrbyt platter drive for all things that are storage (Ive directed windows to store, downloads, pictures and general storage here.
    In addition I have an Nvidia gtx 1080.
    I have one 27" monitor which is 1080p but I agree having 2 monitors for FG is useful so I am going to get the LG 31.5" (2560 x 1440) freesync monitor. I am not sure if it will fit where I park everything. I may need a bigger deskspace.

This engine that the team has made is amazing. I did like Roll20 but I should have migrated here last year! I learn stuff everyday. My next 'learning' thing is to figure what the pins are on the maps for Hellknights module and how they work. I think they are for encounters. I will keep plowing thru FG 'official' videos.

Has anyone posted a video using FG and running the new Hell Knight module?
    Is it this computer?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Maybe that's part of Carl's statement: "It's slightly more complex than I'm presenting, but that is the short version." If you weren't aware, Carl is the main FG Unity developer. Or maybe something's changed since Carl's made that statement. Whether that has changed the FG Unity design (that's been ongoing for many years) remains to be seen...

What this illustrates is that we can talk around the houses and make all sorts of assumptions about what's possible, or not possible, or should or shouldn't be done etc.. But unless a FG Unity developer gives us feedback as to what is actually being done/has been done in FG Unity, then all we're doing is speculating.
    The previous post (from 2017) predates Unity's ECS/DOTS job system. Line-of-sight calculations are the top candidate to move to job system. The current LOS system is fairly optimized and the performance is good. If a party of 12 characters moves all at one...that's where jobbing will be useful. Either way, it's a post-alpha (probably post-beta) optimization.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    The previous post (from 2017) predates Unity's ECS/DOTS job system. Line-of-sight calculations are the top candidate to move to job system. The current LOS system is fairly optimized and the performance is good. If a party of 12 characters moves all at one...that's where jobbing will be useful. Either way, it's a post-alpha (probably post-beta) optimization.
    Thanks for the update and information Carl!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information