DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

Thread: Bestiary

I see that progress is being made on the Bestiary so that gives me hope that that'll release relatively soon (Very much appreciate the update, Trenloe), my main concern now is the APG releasing in August. Are we gonna have to wait an extra 8 months to make a Catfolk Swashbuckler or an Aasimar Oracle? Or use whatever else gets added in the book? I don't wanna seem pushy or anything, I appreciate all the effort being put into the system's development and I really do love Fantasy Grounds, and I realize this stuff isn't easy especially for one person to be doing alone, just hope this new dev and everything else you're doing helps out a lot so that the 8+ month wait we've had for the Bestiary doesn't carry over to other major books

You'll never know what real-life will throw at you, so I'll never commit to anything. The massive time sink that real-life has been for me the last 6 months won't happen again, at least not for the same reason (that can only happen once).

But.. unless there's a bunch of new "stuff" in the APG, then the SmiteWorks development tools are already in place (I created them for the Core Rules module). So we shouldn't have anything like an 8 month delay for the APG.

And, once we have the Bestiary done, I'll be full steam ahead on the Lost Omens Character Guide, Lost Omens: Gods and Magic, the GMG and the APG. The Bestiary 2 will be picked up by the new DLC developer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Those of us who follow these boards on a regular basis know that Trenloe had to completely revamp much of his work (or start from scratch) when PF2 released, due to all the changes from the Playtest version. And he got the changed rules basically right before release.
    Between his real life job, and him trying to even have a personal life, the fact that he puts out updates and posts on these boards, graciously answering questions.. it's a miracle he's gotten all that done (basically by himself).
    The community has created a lot of mods and extensions that have greatly lightened his load (community bestiary and creature parser, notably).
    I am so grateful for all the effort everyone puts into our hobby every week.

(that can only happen once)
    Don't tempt fate, Trenloe.

But seriously, PF2 is a monster of a project with a ton of moving parts. You're doing good work and the community has done an amazing job filling in the blanks. Take your time, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You'll never know what real-life will throw at you, so I'll never commit to anything. The massive time sink that real-life has been for me the last 6 months won't happen again, at least not for the same reason (that can only happen once).

But.. unless there's a bunch of new "stuff" in the APG, then the SmiteWorks development tools are already in place (I created them for the Core Rules module). So we shouldn't have anything like an 8 month delay for the APG.

And, once we have the Bestiary done, I'll be full steam ahead on the Lost Omens Character Guide, Lost Omens: Gods and Magic, the GMG and the APG. The Bestiary 2 will be picked up by the new DLC developer.
    thanks for taking the time to reply Glad to know things are starting to speed up lol. Like I said I'm not trying to pushy or anything like that, I understand how big of a task this is and appreciate all that you and the other devs do for it

Any release date for the beastiary in fantasy grounds?
    need it to create my own world..

Quote Originally Posted by Alkenix View Post
    Any release date for the beastiary in fantasy grounds?
    need it to create my own world..
    The last two pages of this thread will give you the latest info.

There is a community OGL bestiary available that has the creatures in a FG module. See the Modules sticky thread at the top of the Pathfinder 2.0 forum.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok.. If thats all. Then I'll stay at 5e till there are good themes, the official beastiary and other usefull things out for FG. ^^ Thx

Ok.. If thats all. Then I'll stay at 5e till there are good themes, the official beastiary and other usefull things out for FG. ^^ Thx
    The community module has most of the creatures from the official Bestiary anyway, I can't imagine you'd run out of content with it before the full one releases

The Community module by Shade Raven is amazing.
    I have been using both FGC and playing the Ashes pathfinder campaign since September. Seriously, the functionality and stats are fine. The only real thing missing is the beautiful artwork. In place of that we have letter tokens which I replace with my abundance of monster tokens anyway.

Thread Information