STAR TREK 2d20

Alchemist Mutagens, how to handle?

how are folks handling formula books and effects from mutagens?

For the most part, I believe I'll just use EFFECTS that can be activated on a Actions tab.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

For formulas known, I just created a list on the notes page

Lots of ways to do it - note, ability record (where you can drag/drop formula/item links). Or setup a new spell class, but use it to track formulas - Formula level, details, effects, etc.. Just because it's called a "spell" class doesn't mean that it's limited to spells...

Information ability links list:

Setup as a "spell" class on the actions tab (manually create entries):

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

For adding them as spells how do you get the dragon icon to link to the formula? That drag/drop only seems to work if it is actually parsed as a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    For adding them as spells how do you get the dragon icon to link to the formula? That drag/drop only seems to work if it is actually parsed as a spell.
    You can't link directly to the formula. Like I said in my post above - you have to manually create the entries. You could copy/paste key text into the "spell" record (opened when you click the red-dragon link) or you could just drag/drop the item link into the "Effects" section of the spell window (which is a formatted text control so it accepts links to other records) - but this is all for informational purposes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Since the bomb is a strike isn't is supposed to have a ranged attack roll - you example just shows damage. It is listed as a martial weapon and alchemists get bomb proficiency. So you have to set the spell to atk Ranged Dex+Prof no save DC and manually track prof as there is not a proficiency field. I think that makes it target AC?
    Last edited by yarnevk; August 11th, 2019 at 02:39.

Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    Since the bomb is a strike isn't is supposed to have a ranged attack roll - you example just shows damage. It is listed as a martial weapon and alchemists get bomb proficiency. So you have to set the spell to atk Ranged Dex+Prof no save DC and manually track prof as there is not a proficiency field. I think that makes it target AC?
    My example was just that, an example of where to set it up. It was not meant as an exhaustive "set it up this way". Set if up the way you want it. As you mention, you can add a "cast" action, which has the option to set attack parameters.

Thread Information