DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Blog Entries

Eberron for Savage Worlds

Eberron for Savage Worlds

With the explicit permission and guidance of the original author, Kristian Serrano, I present the Fantasy Grounds adaptation of Eberron for Savage Worlds under the Savage Worlds Fan Content Policy, and in compliance with the Wizards of the Coast Fan Content Policy. (In fact, the project was also submitted to WotC and given the thumbs up!)

I intentionally designed the reference manual to mimic the SWADE Player's Guide reference manual, even though it does not exactly comply with the usual practices we're supposed to use.

Extension
    • Adds support for the following Arcane Backgrounds: Aberrant Dragonmark, Artifice, Dragonmark, Druidism
    • Adds desktop decal using the Unofficial Eberron Logo by Alex Denby
    • Changes several string values related to bennies to refer to prophecy shards
    • Changes "GM" identity to "Prophesier"

Module
    • Contains the full Eberron for Savage Worlds in a single product. I didn't feel like breaking it up into separate Player and GM modules. Other products such as the Players Handbook for 5E and the Core Rulebooks for both editions of Pathfinder do this as well.
    • In Special Substances & Items I renamed "Acid" to "Acid Flask" as that was the specific example given.

SWEL Source Markdown

In the spirit of community development and the fan content policies, I am also providing the SWEL markdown used to create this project. Of course you will need to have the Savage Worlds Enhanced Library extension loaded to use it, but since there is precious little SWEL markdown to learn from, this is a master class on how to use SWEL. Most of the advanced features and tricks are utilized in this project.

Required DLC

Eberron for Savage Worlds is written for the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE) ruleset, and all the Edges, Hindrances, Powers, Skills, etc. are linked from the SWADE DLC so that is required to use this.

Optional DLC

Eberron for Savage Worlds also uses the Sorcery arcane background from the Fantasy Companion and the ritual magic stuff from the Horror Companion. Those are not duplicated here as they are from commercial published products. To use those features you'll need to either own those DLC or enter the data yourself. Additionally, edges, powers, etc. from several other DLC are linked as well, per the Eberron for Savage Worlds document. You don't need to own them in order to play; the links just provide easy access if you do.

To Do

Prophecy Shards. Right now, the extension does nothing but tweak some text strings regarding prophecy shards. The actual rules Kristian came up with use three different types of prophecy shards. For now, my suggestion is that if you own Deadlands Reloaded, use the DLR extension along with this so that you can play with the three colors of fate chips. Or you can just manually adjudicate which type of prophecy shard (benny) you're using at any given time if you either do not own DLR or choose to not use the extension with Eberron for Savage Worlds. Coding this from scratch is beyond my ability right now, and as my typical bad luck would have it, all the usual gang of Lua scripters are either vacationing or on break from Fantasy Grounds and unable to provide assistance. If I receive permission to split off the appropriate bits of the DLR extension, I can do that in a future update.

Theme. I had an initial theme for this but everyone on Discord (including myself) hated it so that's gone for now. Along with a desktop theme, I would eventually like to get custom dragonshard "bennies" to use as the prophecy shards too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Talyn; April 18th, 2020 at 19:22. Reason: New version

Thanks for this, Talyn!!

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Wow Talyn - Very nice

I don't currently use Fantasy Grounds, but I'd love to see screenshots if possible.
    Last edited by Amaril; August 8th, 2019 at 20:07.
    ~ Kristian Serrano

This is amazing. I like it very much.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Awesome. I was putting some of this in myself just to better learn FG - this really great! I have Wayfinders guide too, so between them I can run a good at a game on FG.

Just happened to randomly notice the Warforged have Outsider (Major). I think that would be Minor since they do have rights.

Blog Entries
    I am at work for a few more days but next week I will get the magic items in and post a screenshot. Hopefully I can have the magic items in their own entry. I know I can with manual XML like I usually do but this was supposed to be a 100% SWEL project. I have a theory I'll test when I'm home.

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    Just happened to randomly notice the Warforged have Outsider (Major). I think that would be Minor since they do have rights.
    Legally, yes, but their actual protections, experiences, and statuses vary depending on where they are. A good analogy would be "separate but equal", but actually far from equal in practice.

In general, their life experiences are far worse than just a -2 to Persuasion rolls.
    Last edited by Amaril; August 10th, 2019 at 17:24. Reason: Clarification
    ~ Kristian Serrano

Blog Entries
    Just uploaded RC2 which adds in the Magic Items. This will probably be the final version as well unless there are any additional tweaks that are possible (effects on items?). Just a matter of beefing up the extension as I learn more Lua.

I also added a screenshot that shows most of the UI elements.

Edit: Just uploaded another one that fixed two ability links on an NPC. NPC Maker grabbed the one in memory that I'd build in the UI instead of the one from the module.
    Last edited by Talyn; August 12th, 2019 at 19:29.

I have to say your Mod + Wayfinder Guide + UniversalModule.ext + the Gray background (to go with the Eberron background) = awesomesauce!!

Thread Information