5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

5e Curse of Strahd (Tues MDT GMT-6)

5E Curse of Strahd Campaign
    FG License: Ultimate License (players only need demo)
    Game System: D&D 5E

Timezone: MDT (UTC -6)
    Day of week and time: Tuesdays, 6:30-10:30(11ish) PM
    New game, planned start date: 9/3/19
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 4-4.5 Hour session, (2 maybe 3) sessions per month
    Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice & Visual (webcam preferred)
    Voice software used: Skype or Discord during game/Discord used for game notes/chat
    Streaming: The game will NOT be streamed or recorded

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 – this is many times determined by the players. Some sessions may be entirely roleplay but on the flip side, some combat happens to drag on and take up a good portion of the session so in average shooting for 60/40.
    Number of Players needed: 6
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, starting equipment based on class and starting gold based on background.
    Character options & restrictions: All WOTC published races, including Tortle and Grung. All official classes and some Unearthed Arcana: UA Ranger (Beast Conclave), UA Mystic, and UA Artificer. If UA classes are showing to be OP then may require slight restriction.
    Alignment restrictions: No neutral evil or chaotic evil.
    Variant Rules: PHB Variant Encumbrance. Variant Critical (max damage on the first dice of doubled dice). Flanking advantage in combat. Fear/Horror checks used mainly to aid in roleplay.

5E Ravenloft-Curse of Strahd horror campaign: This campaign will be the Curse of Strahd adventure with some alterations to make it better match Ravenloft and keep with the gothic horror feel. This adventure is about Heroic characters who get transplanted into a dark land and must survive. The storyline is based on gothic horror, Dracula/Frankenstein type stories.

All players welcome, veterans and those new to D&D.
    Looking for 18 and older, due to language (occasional F-Bombs) and horror content (kept within reason, not overly graphic but more than PG-13 at times).
    Rules will be consistent 5E. No unexpected rules to nerf your character, other than the upfront variant rules.
    As with more current storylines, roleplay by the players will lead to better stories and more immersed horror feel.

About me: I played my first D&D game in the 80’s and ran a campaign in high school during the 90’s. Took a long break and have been playing 5e since it was released. I am decently experienced with FG and I am willing to help others learn it and 5e. I prefer everyone to use webcams to replicate the feel of playing at the actual table. This will be my 3rd travel through the Curse of Strahd adventure.

If interested, post the following info and I will select 6 players.

Your name
    Your preferred pronouns/gender identity.
    Your level of D&D or Tabletop RPG experience.
    Your FG experience.
    Your time zone/general region of the world you will be playing from

Your character. Race, class, your background, and small amount of backstory.
    Last edited by DMLars; August 10th, 2019 at 21:11.

Augh it had to be Tuesdays LOL

I could also do Thursdays if more people wanted.

I am flexible and have always wanted to play this campaign. I am very interested. Tuesday - Thursdays work great for me. Please keep me in mind. I can play any character that may be needed to have a complete party, but I love to run Pally or Monk. Thank you for the consideration.

Craig
    He/him/his
    Playing for many years. Robotech, D&D 3.5 and 5 , Pathfinder, and a bit of Starfinder
    FG user for 4 years 5e and pathfinder.
    Pst time zone
    Last edited by Cdough562; August 7th, 2019 at 19:35. Reason: Forgot information

I am interested for tuesday. Willing to play most anything.

I like join too if can. But will need to know the comfirm day we are playing.

Hello, I’m super interested. Thursday -Sunday Would work for me. I might have a friend who is interested also.

Your level of D&D or Tabletop RPG experience.
    I have played DND since 3e. I also play many other RPGs on the side. I have DMed many modules and last year I was a DM and player for the Adventure League group on Roll20

Your FG experience. Not that much time spent here more with Roll20
    Your time zone/general region of the world you will be playing from. Eastern Standard Time

Please let me know if this good info.

Thanks

I would like in too.
    I've played this game since the box set (yes, I'm old ) almost no ex. in FG
    DMed most all the time. would love to play a character.
    Last edited by Paxx; August 10th, 2019 at 01:28.

Paul
    he/him/his
    playing for 2 years, started out (poorly) DM'ing LMOP for my kids
    played half dozen one shots (5e), Pathfinder campaign in FG
    est time

Tuesdays works for me and I'd like to play either half elf paladin or cleric
    Last edited by Pmorrism; August 11th, 2019 at 00:06. Reason: Clarified PC choices and day confirmed

Post title says Tuesday and game posting says Wednesday. The best way to get a game started through the forums is to decide on a date/time then announce it rather than trying to get all interested parties to work out a schedule.

Thread Information