DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Fields of Battle Board Game Ruleset

Just finished and posted this over at the FUM forum. It is a Risk clone for use in Fantasy Grounds and contains a complete skinning of the program (I learned a hell of allot skinning it and changing nearly everything).

Anyway, we hope you enjoy this 'ruleset'. Looking at possible getting a game or two in the OGT in the near future.

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/com...read.php?t=599
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Some screen shots?

rv,

Follow the thread and your request will be granted...

Later.
    Ramza
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Wow, very cool! That is a great thing to show the flexability of FG rulesets.

For those that can do such things.

rv

Yeah I had forgotten when I posted it, meant to attach a screenshot. I was actually surpised, when I got in and started messing with it, how flexible most of the system was. I wish I could have removed the dice completely, though I find it rather humorous when you place them off screen and it boots up and they come flying in like a groom late for his wedding.

Just hope people enjoy it, I throughly enjoyed making it and learning more about the ruleset coding while doing it. Was toying around with making different maps (thought about doing one based on my campaign world Sylnae), to give some variations to the game.

Oh one thing I forgot to add to the ruleset, my apologies to anyone from New Zealand. Look and you wil understand.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Check out "Conquest" which is available as well as a solo game ... Snikle, perhaps you should post your Sylnae map there as well ? I'd play it.

I've thought about board games in FG and glad to see it pulled off very well. Has anyone every played Descent? Its a tile based game kinda like Heroquest but a little more involved. I think games like that could be a big thing in FG. Obviously unless we could get permission we would need to create our own rules and everything but I imagine something similar could make for great one-nighters to show people what FG is all about. Also, this should all be much better when 2.0 comes out because of the ability to remove uneeded dice but also the ability to package it all together as a plug-n-play kind of module.
    Last edited by joshuha; October 13th, 2006 at 20:43.

Excellent. Plus a great idea and new avenue to use this product for. To be honest I am suprised no one has done chess and checkers either, just for giggles. You know kobolds are pawns, paladins are knights, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    Check out "Conquest" which is available as well as a solo game ... Snikle, perhaps you should post your Sylnae map there as well ? I'd play it.
    I will have to try that as well, have to come up with some easy to divide areas and the value of the territories. Actually, no looking at Sylnae, the territories are spread out too much, and the avenues of attack would be very limited, not sure it would make for big fun.

Thanks for all the input from everyone!
    Last edited by Snikle; October 13th, 2006 at 19:19.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

I know I am resurrecting a VERY old thread here, but does anyone still have of a copy of this FG1 ruleset?

My group still remember the fun we had playing this and I'd like to (try) upgrade it to FGII, but after too many disk clear downs I have long since lost my copy...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information