DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Custom content question

So I am very new to FG, and spent quite a bit of time scrolling the forums, youtube for example videos and some online resources. I think I have found the right path, but before I start a ton of manual entry, I thought I would ask here first.

I am setting up my new campaign, and I have quite a bit of material for my own campaign world that I want to import. Mostly deities, nations, languages, some new ancestries ect.

At this point, I have found the new modules builder, and I have started filling that out. My question is at this point, while I can add the text, how do I setup and link the information so that its setup like say, the Lost Omens Character guide. I do have some things I am using from Lost Omens, but I dont want all of the content from them. I want my players to see the ancestries, deities, ect without having to load all extra stuff we arent using.

What would be the best way to go about this? I have already figured out how to copy stuff in the deity list directly for example. Do I copy say, Orcus, and then go back and unload the Book of the Dead?

What I want to make sure I do is get all of this some place that I can save an export as a module, that has the stuff for my campaign world, and turn off the stuff I am not using, like the deity list from the 2nd Ed core rules.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Blog Entries
    Welcome Achanos,

There is no way to filter the source books.
    You can drag and drop copies into your campaign and export those.
    You may not distribute that as a module as it would contain copyright material but you could do that for your own campaigns.
    You would have to unload the material and block it (if its player accessible material) if you dont want them accessing it.

Otherwise you may find it sufficient for to create a story entry and advise players that XYZ is not available in your campaign.

Thank you, thats good to know. Good to know on the sourcebooks, I had not planned on exporting my campaign as a module for distribution, I would be surprised if anyone had any interest in it, but thats good info regardless. Thank you!

So based on that, it sounds like if I want to use anything from Lost Omens, I can either create something like that in my module, or go the easy route and just use the books and tell folks whats not available. Thanks again, looks like I need to go take a look at how much work that may be and make up my mind. Much appreciated!

Thread Information