DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Critical Hit and Fumble Deck

Any update on the Critical Hit and Fumble Deck? Hoping sometime soon. Thank you for all the hard work and time with the P2e data sets!

These are taking a back seat at the moment. Behind new ruleset functionality, Ancestry Guide, beginner box, automation processing, new release bug fixes, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I guess I want to find a way that I can do it until they are in the FG store. I bought the cards from Pazio, but they are all jpgs. I looked around on the forums and there are some mods and ext that might work. What would be the best way to start? Should I just edit a mod or ext that is close or is there a better idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
    What would be the best way to start? Should I just edit a mod or ext that is close or is there a better idea?
    My recommendation would be to input the cards as rows in a FG table and use the Basic Card Tables extension to simulate drawing cards from the "decK": https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...les-Extensions

Handle all of the PF2 specific mechanics manually.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You could also add effects into the text that is output into chat, so that it can be drag and dropped as an effect onto the combat tracker.

E.g

STUBBED TOE; Enfeebled: 1
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Oh that would be cool. I am not a programmer, so it's going to take a bit to figure it out. Thank you everyone for the ideas!

Ok, I was able to make the table easy enough, but how do I add the card image to the table? I am assuming, I will need to make a mod file (like tokens, pics, etc) and then somehow attach each pic to each table entry. Correct?
    Last edited by Frodie; February 22nd, 2021 at 15:36.

Ok, how do I attach a png to the table? I made a mod and converted all the images from jpg to png, but when I drag and drop the image to the line for "card 1", nothing happens.

Edit - I found it, the images have to from the image button and not a mod (like tokens).
    Last edited by Frodie; February 23rd, 2021 at 04:43.

Glad you got that working

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    You could also add effects into the text that is output into chat, so that it can be drag and dropped as an effect onto the combat tracker.

E.g

STUBBED TOE; Enfeebled: 1
    Out of curiosity I tried that out and it only worked if, as a GM, I added a new effect and copied the text into the text field,
    just dragging STUBBED TOE; Enfeebled: 1 from the chat did not work.
    Last edited by Farnaby; February 23rd, 2021 at 22:10. Reason: Speeling is hard
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Yeah, sadly you need to create a line to drop it on to - and also adjust the duration. Still a bit quicker then writing it out though

Thread Information