STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 21 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    I am getting this error when I attempt to parse, "Script Error: [string "scripts/pf2creatureparser.lua"]:858: attempt to concatenate local 'sTitle' (a nil value)" The creature I attempted to parse was the Yeth Hound from bestiary 2.

Quote Originally Posted by H2Os View Post
    I am getting this error when I attempt to parse, "Script Error: [string "scripts/pf2creatureparser.lua"]:858: attempt to concatenate local 'sTitle' (a nil value)" The creature I attempted to parse was the Yeth Hound from bestiary 2.
    As others have done when they have issues with a statblock, please post the statblock text you're trying to parse. Without this it's very hard to troubleshoot your issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry I wasn't sure if posting the stat block was allowed.
    YETH HOUND CREATURE 3
    CE MEDIUM BEAST FIEND
    Perception +9; darkvision, scent (imprecise) 30 feet
    Languages Abyssal (can’t speak any language)
    Skills Acrobatics +8, Athletics +9, Stealth +10, Survival +8
    Str +4, Dex +3, Con +2, Int –2, Wis +3, Cha +1
    AC 18; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12
    HP 55; Weaknesses silver 5
    Speed 40 feet; air walk
    Melee [one-action] jaws +11, Damage 1d8+6 piercing plus 1d6 evil, Knockdown, and sinister bite

Divine Innate Spells DC 20; Constant (4th) air walk

Bay
    [three-actions] (auditory, concentrate, divine, enchantment, fear, mental) The yeth hound emits an unearthly howl audible up to 300 feet away. Any non-fiend creature that hears the howl must succeed at a DC 20 Will save or become frightened 1. Any creature that critically fails and is within 60 feet of the yeth hound is instead frightened 3 and fleeing for 1d4 rounds (or until it recovers from its frightened condition). Whether it succeeds or fails the saving throw, the creature is then temporarily immune to Bay for 24 hours.

Sinister Bite
    A good creature bitten by a yeth hound must attempt a DC 20 Will save. On a critical success, the creature is temporarily immune to sinister bite for 1 minute. A creature that fails becomes frightened 1, or increases the value of its frightened condition by 1 if already frightened.

Quote Originally Posted by H2Os View Post
    Click the "SHOW PARSE LOG" button to get an idea where the issue is. The chat window will show you that the last entry it parsed was the attacks. The issue is caused by the blank line between attacks and innate spells. You also shouldn't have a blank line between innate spells and the first ability (Bay). It is only the abilities that should have blank lines between them. See post #98 for an example.

So, this is what you should be using (note also that the whole "Bay" ability title is on one line):
    Code:
    YETH HOUND CREATURE 3
    CE MEDIUM BEAST FIEND
    Perception +9; darkvision, scent (imprecise) 30 feet
    Languages Abyssal (can’t speak any language)
    Skills Acrobatics +8, Athletics +9, Stealth +10, Survival +8
    Str +4, Dex +3, Con +2, Int –2, Wis +3, Cha +1
    AC 18; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12
    HP 55; Weaknesses silver 5
    Speed 40 feet; air walk
    Melee [one-action] jaws +11, Damage 1d8+6 piercing plus 1d6 evil, Knockdown, and sinister bite
    Divine Innate Spells DC 20; Constant (4th) air walk
    Bay [three-actions] (auditory, concentrate, divine, enchantment, fear, mental)
    The yeth hound emits an unearthly howl audible up to 300 feet away. Any non-fiend creature that hears the howl must succeed at a DC 20 Will save or become frightened 1. Any creature that critically fails and is within 60 feet of the yeth hound is instead frightened 3 and fleeing for 1d4 rounds (or until it recovers from its frightened condition). Whether it succeeds or fails the saving throw, the creature is then temporarily immune to Bay for 24 hours.

Sinister Bite
    A good creature bitten by a yeth hound must attempt a DC 20 Will save. On a critical success, the creature is temporarily immune to sinister bite for 1 minute. A creature that fails becomes frightened 1, or increases the value of its frightened condition by 1 if already frightened.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

awesome, thank you.

I couould use some help - encountering the following error when attempting to parse ("Script Error: [string "scripts/pf2creatureparser.lua"]:293: attempt to index local 'sLine' (a nil value))
    The parse log shows it stopping at the Defenses line.

Code:
    ELITE WARG CREATURE 3N MEDIUM BEAST
    Perception +10; darkvision, scent (imprecise) 30 feet
    Languages Common, Goblin, Orcish
    Skills Acrobatics +9, Athletics +10, Deception +8, Intimidation +8, Stealth +9, Survival +10
    Str +4, Dex +3, Con +3, Int –1, Wis +2, Cha +2
    AC 19, Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +8
    HP 51
    Avenging Bite [reaction] 
    Trigger A creature within reach of the warg’s jaws attacks one of the warg’s allies. Effect The warg makes a jaws Strike against the triggering creature.
    Speed 40 feet
    Melee [one-action] jaws +13, Damage 1d8+6 piercing plus Grab
    Pack Attack 
    The warg’s Strikes deal 1d4 extra damage to creatures within the reach of at least two of the warg’s allies.

Swallow Whole [one-action] (attack) Small, 
    1d6+4 bludgeoning, Rupture 9

Try switching the comma to a semi-colon between AC and saves. That seems to switch back and forth a lot in their documents.

You need a semi-colon separator after AC instead of a comma.
    The two consecutive blank lines between Pack Attack and Swallow Whole also caused a problem.
    Here is the fixed block:

Code:
    ELITE WARG CREATURE 3N MEDIUM BEAST
    Perception +10; darkvision, scent (imprecise) 30 feet
    Languages Common, Goblin, Orcish
    Skills Acrobatics +9, Athletics +10, Deception +8, Intimidation +8, Stealth +9, Survival +10
    Str +4, Dex +3, Con +3, Int –1, Wis +2, Cha +2
    AC 19; Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +8
    HP 51
    Avenging Bite [reaction] 
    Trigger A creature within reach of the warg’s jaws attacks one of the warg’s allies. Effect The warg makes a jaws Strike against the triggering creature.
    Speed 40 feet
    Melee [one-action] jaws +13, Damage 1d8+6 piercing plus Grab
    Pack Attack
    The warg’s Strikes deal 1d4 extra damage to creatures within the reach of at least two of the warg’s allies.

Swallow Whole [one-action] (attack) Small, 
    1d6+4 bludgeoning, Rupture 9

Thank you Darrenan and NielsenE for the quick response!
    Question - is there a way for the parser to add clickable attacks for something like the "Swallow Whole" ability like it does for the melee attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Question - is there a way for the parser to add clickable attacks for something like the "Swallow Whole" ability like it does for the melee attacks?
    The melee attack double-click to attack/apply damage functionality isn't in this parser, it's in the base ruleset. Make sure the attack/damage string is the usual format - if there's no damage then include ", Damage 0" on the end of the attack string; if there's no attack then use something like: "Swallow Whole, Damage 1d6+4 bludgeoning" as an attack string.

There's currently some experimental NPC ability automation being developed that would allow a GM to code actions/automation into an ability. We're hoping to to have that in the test channel soon, with a lot of example automation applied to low level creatures in the official Bestiary product as part of that test.

Thread Information